Subscription plan descriptions and multilanguage?

More
9 years 6 months ago #51520 by PM
I know I can use the adminpanel of Membership Pro to translate the system language into whatever I want, but there is a problem when creating subscription plans, and giving those plans a description. As far as I can see, there is no way to filter plans based on language, so all published plans are displayed in all languages. Example I have Norwegian and English language on my site. It is not practial to give both english and norwegian description of the plans in the same published plan. I want to create plans with norwegian description, and have only those show up for people who choose to see the site in norwegian, and have plans with english description to show up for people who choose to see the site in english.

How can I do this? Will this functionality be offered in next version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription plan descriptions and multilanguage?
Hi PM

Infact, if you are using Joomla core multilingual feature to build your multilingual website, this feature is supported by default already.

I guess what you are doing is using a third party extension like Falang to build your multilingual website . Is that correct? If so, we can help you to create the content element for Membership Pro for falang so that you can translate categories, plans, custom fields, email messages... to different languages

Please let me know so that I can process it further

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PM

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #51525 by PM
Hi Tuan

I am not using falang, I use joomla core multilingual setup

1. I create subscription plans, but there is no way to assign each of them to a spesific language
2. I create a menu item (english menu) that points to "Plans List Column Layout", and every plan shows up with its systemlanguage in english, but the plans description field are displayed in the language I used to write it. Let say I actually used english when I wrote the description.
3. I repeat the process creating a norwegian menu item (norwegian menu) that also points to "Plans List Coumn Layout", and every plan shows up with its systemlanguage in norwegian, but the plans DESCRIPTION are still in english, course that was the language used when I wrote the description.

It should be possible, when creating a subscription plan, to assign that particular plan to a spesific language, so people viewing the site in other languages will not see this particular plan.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by PM.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51526 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription plan descriptions and multilanguage?
Hi

Infact, the extension works in a different ways (simpler way) than Joomla core code. When you create a plan for example, if your site is a multilingual website, there should be a translation tab on plan add/edit page to allow you to translate title and description of the plans to allow available languages on your site.

If it doesn't work like that, maybe there is something not correct with your settings. You can submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site so that I can check it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #51528 by PM
Thank you Tuan, I see it now. Please accept my apology for wasting your time. You do very good work :-)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by PM.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51534 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

PM wrote: Thank you Tuan, I see it now. Please accept my apology for wasting your time. You do very good work :-)

Thanks :). I must say that the way we handle multilingual in our extension is better than the way Joomla core handle it :). Instead of creating separate records for each language, we just have to translate the fields we need for each records into different language, I think it is easier, more logical and saves time of us for setting up :).

Tuan