Getting Started... some confusion on my part.

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45281 by DavidB
Here are my questions:

1) We don't want just anyone to be able to become a paid member. membership applications must first be approved by the board of directors. Once approved, we will send out a link so that someone can become a member. How should we configure this?
=============================================================

2) In viewing the 'readme.txt' for the payments plugin it says to "Install the plugin via Payment plugins installation" and when you go there, there's no upload mechanism, you apparently just publish the payment plugin for the service you're using. Is this correct?

3) Registration Integration No/Yes

The screen says: "If set to Yes, the system will display username and password box allows subscribers to enter username and password to Login"

This makes no sense to me. Registration is creating a user profile by joining the site, becoming a member is a different process... that requires payment. Right?

Still, "Registration Integration" are you saying you have a completely seperate login process than the one in Joomla 3.x? I only want ONE login process for the site, membership pro and events. How do I configure this for single signon?

Things get a little clearer here:
In the documentation you say: "Registratoion integration: If set to Yes, the system will allow subscriber to enter username and password on subscribe page to register for an account on your Joomla site." Allow or REQUIRE?

This comes closer to explaining it but what if I say no? What if they already have an account on the joomla site? What if I say yes and they still don't enter the username/password?

4) Lastly, how do you publish the pages, associated with this extension? I see no instructions on that...
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DavidB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45316 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Getting Started... some confusion on my part.
Hi Peter

First of all, thanks for using our extension. Here are my answers to your questions :

1. If you require that membership must be approved by admin first, then you will need to find a different extension. At the moment, when users make payment for their subscription, Membership Pro will approve their account automatically. It doesn't require approve from administrator. In case you use a different extension, of course we will refund the money of your purchase.

2. No, it is not correct. When you go to Membership Pro -> Payment Plugins, please scroll down the page and you will see the place to install payment plugin.

3. If you set Registration Integration to Yes, the system will require you to enter username and password on subscription form to process payment. You should also set the config option "Show Login Box on subscription page" to Yes so that if you have an existing Joomla account, you can enter the username and password to login before continue the subscription. It is single sign on already, the username and password you entered on sign up form can be used to login to Joomla. Infact, all login process is handled by Joomla core.

4. What are pages in your case ? Please explain more details so that I can guide you.

Regards,

Tuan

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #45612 by DavidB
1) I was able to hide the Membership Pro by using the ACL. I created a group called Members and Membership pro is only shown to people in that group. A user can now register and not see/have access to the Membership application until our Board approves them and then we just add them to the Members group and they then get the right page displayed.

2) Thank you for showing me the payment plugin... I would suggest moving that link to a place above configuring.

3) I will set Registration integration to Yes.

4) Display is fixed...

There are some ACL issues and I will post that separately in a few minutes.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45637 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Getting Started... some confusion on my part.
OK Pete. Thanks so much for the update !

Tuan