i would like to disable the user, and or let them enable the account again by make a new payment.
I tried setting one user to "expired" but this does not affect users since they are still able to log in and also see everything that paying users see.
Is it possible to redirect all expired subscribers to a renewal page when they log in?
I am using community builder also, but user registration is through Membership Pro
I have time to look at the issue you are having now. Could you please give me more information :
1. What resources you want to restricted to Payees only ?
2. I would suggest that you use the solution below :
- Create a new Joomla Group, for example, Membership Group. Setting Membership Pro (use the Joomla group plugin) so that when user subscribe to a plan, they will be assigned to that group. when the membership expried, remove them from that group.
- Create a new access level called Membership for example, then choose Membership group for that access level.
- Assign the resources (articles for example) to that access level.
By doing that, only members have active membership will be able to access to the resources.
figured how to edit the default group for new users, but expired users should automatically be set to another group, and redirected to a renewal site when they log in
Or at least deactivate the users account like the plugin says
Sorry for lately response. Please give me few more time to think about a best solution. Disable users account is easy. However, if we disable their account, they won't be able to login, they won't be able to renew their subscriptions....
Do you have a Skype , YM, MSN or Gtalk account? If you have one, I would like to discuss with you directly about your need and find a solution together.
In my opinion, I think we should not restrict access to resources to Registered Group. These resources should be assigned to a custom group (for example, you can create Membership Group).
When users subscribe to a plan, we will assign them to Membership Group so that they can access to these resources. When their membership expired, we will remove them from Membership Group (so that they will be a normal registered users) and cannot access to the restricted resources.