When subscription expires...

• ehrnst
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #21113 by ehrnst
Replied by ehrnst on topic Re: When subscription expires...
I have already created a group for subscribers, and assigned menu and artciles etc to that group. All new users will be added to subscriber group.
when they expires i would like them to automatically be moved to a expired group (or back to normal registered) and presented with a reneval page..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #21114 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: When subscription expires...
Hi

You can config the extension so that when their subscription expired, they will be removed from Subscriber group (so they will be assigned to Registered group only). Doesn't it work like that at the moment ?

Tuan

• ehrnst
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #21116 by ehrnst
Replied by ehrnst on topic Re: When subscription expires...
dosent seem that way.
Like i said, i tried to set a subscriber to expired, nothing happened.

From what i can see Jeff and i would like the same solution, in short; new users have full access, expired users should still be able to log in, but not have "subscriber" access, and rather get redirected to a renewal page when they try to access a restricted area

More
11 years 4 months ago #21117 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: When subscription expires...
OK. Right now, I am busy with some support requests. I will look at it through this weekend (with some other small improvements). Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can check it for you ?

Tuan

More
11 years 4 months ago #21333 by jeff
Replied by jeff on topic Re: When subscription expires...
Hi Tuan,

I think you are getting what we are looking for.

Johnny wants to join my website. He registers on January 10, 2013 and he signs up for 3 months. Johnny can do as he please on my website until April 10, 2013. If Johnny tries to login on April 11 or later his Subscription Group gets changed from "Register" Group to "Expired" Group and is redirected to the renewal page when he tries to login in and that is as far as he can go.

It would be cool to provide a function that could be ran everyday on the server to auto change any user who's membership has expired to the "Expired Group without human intervention. This will help to get the database clean and current

thanks
jeff