[22-March-2022] Membership Pro version 3.0.0 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #151047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [22-March-2022] Membership Pro version 3.0.0 released
Hello Noel

Could be because something wrong with the plan setup. Edit the plan, set Subscribe Access to Public should address the issue

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #151051 by noel adams
Hi Tuan,
Yes, we had Subscribe Access as Registered and changing it to Public fixes things. Version 3.0.0 is more rigorous in checking subscribe access, because the earlier versions were happy with what we had.
Thanks for your help,
Noel.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #151052 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [22-March-2022] Membership Pro version 3.0.0 released
Yes Noel. We could say that it was a bug in earlier version to not check subscribe access of the plan on subscription form. And I guess many users mis-understand the meaning of Subscribe Access. It is used to control what access level is allowed to subscribe for the plan, not what access level they will be assigned to when subscribe

I will see if I can make it more clear

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #151164 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic [22-March-2022] Membership Pro version 3.0.0 released
Hi Tuan,
I've installed the update on a dev site and it seems to be working well but I did notice the Group Settings plugin is not picking up the translations so everything is showing the placeholders.PLG_OSMEMBERSHIP_JOOMLA_ASSIGN_TO_JOOMLA_GROUPS

This is on the Plan Edit screen and the Group Settings Plugin tab.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Jonathan Colls.

More
2 years 1 week ago #151165 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic [22-March-2022] Membership Pro version 3.0.0 released
Hi Tuan,
I've installed the update on a dev site and it seems to be working well but I did notice the Group Settings plugin is not picking up the translations so everything is showing the placeholders.  e.g. PLG_OSMEMBERSHIP_JOOMLA_ASSIGN_TO_JOOMLA_GROUPS

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 week ago #151172 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm

That's strange to me. It works well for me, both on my local development computer and the demo site

Maybe you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check it directly on your site?

Tuan

More
2 years 1 week ago #151190 by Jonathan Colls
Apologies Tuan.
I had made my own version of the JoomlaGroups plugin to update some external DB's. Probably been like this for a while. I will update my plugin based on the latest version of yours.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 week ago #151191 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Jonathan. Please adapt your code. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Tuan

More
1 year 11 months ago #151552 by Roger Clarke

7. Easy View Module
We added a new module Membership Pro View  (mod_membershippro_easyview), replace original module to make it easier to setup the module to display any view the extension. The old module requires you to Choose View to display, setup Query String, Itemid... and it is a complicated process. For this new module, you just need to create a hidden menu item, configured necessary parameters in the menu item and then choose the Menu item in the view module, much easier to configure.

Just noticed this in the changelog.
I'm using the old Membership Pro View on various sites - will this continue to be supported?

One thing that seems to be different with the new module is that the headings are H1 whereas they were H2 in the old module. What would be the easiest way to display them as H2 using the new module? I think it is normal for a module heading not to be the primary heading for a page.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #151567 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roger

The old module will still work as how it is, it is just not available for new installation

For using h2 heading instead of h1, what view you are displaying in the module so so that I can check and have it corrected?

Regards,

Tuan