Setting different amounts for different campaigns

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1883 by jade henry
I don't see an option to set up different payment amounts for different campaigns, surely the point of different campaigns is to have them for different things e.g.

site running costs
advertising

but obviously the payment amounts are going to be different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1886 by jade henry
Ok here is what I am on about.

I have 2 campaigns set up - 1 for site hosting and 1 for advertising.

I have set up the amounts for hosting via the backend
as this was the first campaign I created.
e.g.

17.15 1 month hosting << but this is showing on BOTH campaigns. I want to have different amounts for each campaign e.g.

Site running costs campaign -

17.14 (1 month hosting)

Advertising campaign -

8 (text advert)

Can you help me do this please?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1898 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Setting different amounts for different campaigns
Hi
This feature is not available on Joom Donation because I don't think It is necessary . I am developing a new extension called Payment Form which allow you to define forms (adding fields to form....) to get payment from customers.... If you need this feature, please wait for our new extension .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1901 by jade henry
I really don't get the point of being able to have different campaigns but yet you cant set different payment amounts for them.

I thought that would be pretty obvious.

Oh well, if you 'exstension' does this then I guess I will have to wait, if not then I guess I will have to go without which I wont be happy about.

Thanks

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1927 by jade henry
What you mentioned above isn't going to do what I want is it? As I don't want to add more fields to the form just for each campaign to have there own payment value amounts set.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1928 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Setting different amounts for different campaigns
Hi
This requires hacking into Joom Donation . You left me a good review , so I will customize it for you for free . I will do it for you on tomorrow since It is late now .
Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1929 by jade henry
Oh thank you very much!

Thanks xxx

• jade henry
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #1935 by jade henry
Hiya when will you be able to get around to doing this for me?

Thanks Jade
xx

More
14 years 4 months ago #1975 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re:Setting different amounts for different campaigns
I need the same functionality.
I just bought this component yesterday and although I love a lot about it... that is the one thing that is missing.
As you can see, we have many different campaigns and each has its own individualized donation page...
here are some examples:
www.indianyouth.org/where-most-needed/
www.indianyouth.org/gift-of-heat/
www.indianyouth.org/gardens-donate/
and, if you are curious why we have so many different options, here is a link to our "alternative gift" catalog www.indianyouth.org/gift-catalog/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, (and I should probably note this in another forum)
1)
I made a recurring payment and although paypal sent me confirmation that the payment was successful, Joom Donations sent me (the administrator and the donor both) confirmations that were blank (no information in them). (see attached) and, nothing was listed in the back end of the component.

I did make a one time donation and the confirmations came to me and admin successfully and the one time donation did record in the backend.

2)
Is there a way to make the one time payments come across to paypal so that they are recorded as DONATIONS in paypal as the 'type' instead of as Payment From?
I use the same paypal standard account for our online store and I need a way for accounting to differentiate from a store purchase and a donation. the recurring payments do come across with a trackable name... "recurring payment from"
What would be BEST is if paypal could recognize it as a donation (as it does when you make a donation button via paypal) because currently all of their text to the donor says the word "payment" when it would be great if it said "donation" (as in "thank you for your donation")

More
14 years 4 months ago #1977 by Allan Todd
I need this too. Before I purchased I asked if events can be set up with specific amounts charged and the answer was yes.

However, now that I have installed the software the amounts are part of the configuration on the separate campaigns, so if a Donation campaign uses radio buttons, it seems that a separate campaign that is an Event, such as a fundraiser Gala cannot be created with a specific amount such as $50.

Can this be done?? This is a very real need since organizations collect donations and have fundraiser events that people buy tickets to attend.

Please advise!
Thanks,
Lorrie

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt