Today, I'm happy to announce the release of Helpdesk Pro version 5.1.2 with the following improvements
1. Added Internal Comments Support
Sometime, you might want to add internal comments (comments which can be viewed by your company: Admin, Managers, Staffs but invisible to your customers. This is now supported. When you add comment, you can check on a checkbox to make it becomes internal comment.
- You can control who can add and view internal comments via Add Internal Comments and View Internal Comments .
- The subject and email body of the email sent when an internal comment added can be controlled via Internal Comment Added Email Subject and Internal Comment Added Email Body message items.
- If you want to disable this option, just do not select any user roles in Add Internal Comments config option
2. Collected User IP
The IP of the user who submit the ticket will now be collected and being displayed on ticket details page. It allows you to track user IP and in case there are spam bots, you can block these IPs (use .htaccess for example)
Please update your site to this updated package of Helpdesk Pro to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development
Thanks for the internal comment feature, this is excellent.
I have two issues that might be resolved if possible?
1. When it is used it changes the status of the ticket - we do not want it to change the ticket status.
2. once the internal comment has been submitted there is no way of knowing it is an internal comment by looking at the ticket system. It just looks like a normal reply
Thanks for your consideration in these further improvements.