Customers group restrictions to categories/product

• kona333
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #55080 by kona333
It would be great to be able to display categories to set shopper groups. For instance one might have a wholesale category, which only the wholesale customer group could view or order from.

In my case I have a two memberships, done through Membership Pro (of course) which once joined then put the user into the correct eshop customer group. But from there I would like one of the eshop categories to only display to one of my groups.

I've added the category as a menu item and restricted it to a certain joomla user group, which is a bit of a dodgy way of limiting access.

I'm guessing it's a future feature anyway, otherwise there's not much use of having customer groups.

In fact, if I were to pay for this option, what would it cost for you to develop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55093 by Steven J
This would be useful for me too. This is, in essence, the same suggestion I made earlier as post #53479.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #55242 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Customers group restrictions to categories/product
Hi Kona and Steven,
I think this is related to EShop & Membership Pro integration. I will think more about this and discuss with my co-worker (author of Membership pro) to find the best solution.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 2 months ago #57510 by Steven J
Any action or thoughts on this? The solution should involve a mechanism to restrict customers from joining membership groups without verification of some sort. As it exists now, if more than one membership group is published in EShop, customers who elect to register select one of the published membership groups. Membership to some groups should be restricted, but there is no way to ensure that customers self-select the group they are entitled to join.

For example, I have been asked to give Supper Club members a 10% discount for products purchased in EShop. I can create a Supper Club customer group and add a Special price for each product (input as a price, and not as a percentage discount). To receive these prices (and see the special price), the Supper Club members would have to first register as a Supper Club member. However, without being asked for some special code or some other means to verify their entitlement to be part of this customer group, anyone could register as a member of this customer group and receive these special prices.

I could give these Supper Club members a 10% coupon, but they would not have the benefit of seeing the lowered prices in the catalog.

• kona333
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #57561 by kona333
Couldn't you just have admin verification required before they can join the supper club? Of course, they'd have to sit and wait for you to verify it before they go back and purchase.

More
9 years 2 months ago #57667 by Steven J
Needing to "sit and wait" is the problem. Once I have the prospective purchaser's attention, it shouldn't be necessary to reengage them so they can complete the purchase. Some sort of membership code entered as a condition of joining the customer group would solve this issue.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #57927 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Customers group restrictions to categories/product
Dear all,
I am sorry I have still not had time to look at this integrated feature yet.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong