• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149302 by LAC Webadmin
Registration for Recurring Events was created by LAC Webadmin
Hi Tuan,

We have recurring events that some would have registration applies to all of recurrence date but some would require to pick which date of recurrence a user would like to register. How do you set this in Events Booking? Is it even possible?
Thanks,
Jackson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149499 by LAC Webadmin
Replied by LAC Webadmin on topic Registration for Recurring Events
Hi Tuan,

Any feedback on this? I created this recurring event and have registration, I also enabled cart. Using the Upcoming layout, I can see the next available date (in this example March 11, 2022) when I click on Register, the cart popup appear:

My intention is the registration applies to the entire event and not for a specific date. Is there a setting for it in the event?

Thanks,
Jackson

More
2 years 2 months ago #149508 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration for Recurring Events
Hello Jackson

Each child event in a recurring event is an independent instance of that event. So users will register for the date they want, not all dates

If you want to register them to all dates, maybe you can try to use eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/auto-registration

Tuan

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149550 by LAC Webadmin
Hi Tuan,

Can I use the Auto Registration for the event itself? If I enter the parent ID in the id field then enable "Auto register to all children events", will that work?

Thanks,
Jackson

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #149551 by LAC Webadmin
I tested it Tuan, I added the parent id in the Event Id field and enabled "Auto register to all children events". It created an ending loop until my DB crashed. Then I later found out that the event I am testing is not even recurring :D so I think you have to check this plugin and enable only if the event is repeating else it will crash the db.

So I tested it with Recurring event this time. Well, the Auto Register plugin does not work with itself. Hmm.. So how do you handle registration for recurring event and the registration needs to be for the entire event? For example: A Lesson, sessions will be weekly from January to March and every each session will be held on Saturday 9AM to 5PM. Do you ask the registrant to register for each week? That's a lot of registration for the user to do. It can't be, there should be a setting for registration as a whole or per recurring day. If you are saying that EB only handles per date then I guess, I can't use this component for our website.

Thanks,

Jackson
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by LAC Webadmin.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149552 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jackson

1. Yes, the registration is for per date by default

2. For register for all children events, you can use auto register plugin as mentioned. For the parent event, set Auto Register To All Children Events to Yes

Then when someone register for parent event, they will be registered automatically to all children events

Regards,

Tuan

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #149571 by LAC Webadmin

I tested it Tuan, I added the parent id in the Event Id field and enabled "Auto register to all children events". It created an ending loop until my DB crashed. Then I later found out that the event I am testing is not even recurring :D so I think you have to check this plugin and enable only if the event is repeating else it will crash the db.

So I tested it with Recurring event this time. Well, the Auto Register plugin does not work with itself. Hmm.. So how do you handle registration for recurring event and the registration needs to be for the entire event? For example: A Lesson, sessions will be weekly from January to March and every each session will be held on Saturday 9AM to 5PM. Do you ask the registrant to register for each week? That's a lot of registration for the user to do. It can't be, there should be a setting for registration as a whole or per recurring day. If you are saying that EB only handles per date then I guess, I can't use this component for our website.

Thanks,

Jackson

Hi Tuan,

I don't think you read my last message yesterday. Unfortunately, the plugin Auto Register does not work when I tested it yesterday, can you please check if it does work in your end?

Are you willing to add a feature in EB regarding this? A settings when editing a recurring event with an option for registration:
  • Record Registration as a Whole
  • Registration is per Recurring Date (Default)
I hope you do. I wonder why no one asked for this from all of your clients using EB. 

Jackson

More
2 years 2 months ago #149598 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Jackson

Auto register plugin works if:

1. It is configured properly

2. And people register for the parent event (which has auto register configured to auto register to all children events)

If it is not working, please submit a support ticket so that we can check it

For the feature you are asking for, so far:
- No one else asked
- It could be handled by auto register plugin
So I won't add a new setting for it

Tuan

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #149616 by LAC Webadmin
Hi Tuan,

Fair enough. Can you help me out to figure out why the Auto Register plugin doesn't work please.

The recurring event I am working on has ID of 4:

And in the Auto Registration tab, I set it to:

And the plugin settings is set to:

When I tried to register, registration process works fine but when I check a specific recurrence date under Registrants, it is empty. Is it supposed to be empty? If I'm understanding it right, my name as registrant should appear in all recurrence of the event. If I check the parent where I registered, I can see my registration. Am I making sense?

So here's what I am seeing in the event details:

Is that how the Auto Registration plugin supposed to work? 

Thanks,
Jackson
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by LAC Webadmin.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149620 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

You do not need to enter 4 into Auto Register Event IDs parameter. Just remove it and it will work well

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc