Xero

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141506 by Andrew Hicks
Xero was created by Andrew Hicks
Hello. We use Event Booking for 5 years now and we are very happy with it. Now we are also using Xero online accounting system, and we would like to integrate Event Booking with Xero. All that would be required is for Event Booking to output a single CSV file with data per booking - similar to the data you already output - but with a very specific format for data and column headers. I can send you an example and all that is needed is to make an exact copy of that output and add a menu item to generate the file download. We can pay for this work, if you quote how much it will cost. It will be useful to anyone using your system with Xero, which is the 3rd most popular accounting system available. Details of fields in the following link to the Xero user instructions.
central.xero.com/s/article/Import-custom...ationintothetemplate
I think being able to filter this to hide past events would be useful, to stop the file becoming too large. It is for the treasurer and accountants so should cover all events always. File sample: .
Please let me know if this is possible and what it will cost. Thanks.
We also have a further request that the user menu for registrant report for event organisers - currently we have to choose either row per booking or row per registrant (incl guests). We would like both reports available as downloads for event managers with separate menu option for each. Is that available? We also would like to be able to filter this at the menu level. Currently an event organiser gets all data for all events they own. We want to be able to select which event as an option before downloading. Is this also possible?
If not then what would it cost to add, please?
Thanks very much.
Regards, Andrew Hicks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141524 by Andrew Hicks
Replied by Andrew Hicks on topic Xero
We are requesting to pay for some very minor development work. I asked twice now since 3 weeks ago. It seems like you don't reply to forum posts. How else should we contact you?

More
3 years 2 months ago #141525 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Xero
Actually, I still reply to forum topic. However, it is new year holiday in our country (and some other countries these days), so it is slower

I saw your question and planed to reply on tomorrow. Right now, I'm still working to clear support queue (as you can imagine, we don't work much during new year holiday)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Hicks

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141527 by Andrew Hicks
I posted this over three weeks ago, but thank you for replying now. We look forward to progressing this request. If you agree we will renew our license to download the result, but also are happy to pay reasonable extra for the development work. Since the feature will be attractive to any user with an external accounting system it should be an easy win for the product. If this is successful there is other work we would like also.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141528 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

For sure, this will need to be a custom development. This is something not needed by most of customers, so we won't include it into core package of Events Booking

First part is with Xero integration, you can send me the sample format of the CSV file which is needed for Xero to understand so that I can review it and give you quotation for development.

Tuan

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141533 by Andrew Hicks
Dear Tuan,
The file specification is given in the link in my original email. It lists every field in order and what it should contain. Where the event booking system has no data for that item it should return empty field. I could email you the template CSV file from Xero but it only has one line with column headers, and this messaging system doesn't allow attachments. Please send me your email and we can communicate directly, or go through the support system with a new ticket there so communication is private. As a registered user you already have my details.
Thanks and regards,
Andrew

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141541 by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
I have a template file for you with dummy data in it. Where should I send it please - to what email?
Notes:
1. The VAT figures are calculated using 8%. It should use 20% (part of the learning how it works) so don't worry about that.
2. Column AH: There will be a different Account Code for each event that we hold – this tells Xero where the income should go. We will hold externally the master list of account codes to be used, so this would probably be a 'user field' per event.
3. Column S – Xero should accept the invoice numbers set by the website, but I have no information on any limits to the field length.
Thanks and regards,
Andrew

More
3 years 2 months ago #141558 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

You can upload the file here or send an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com

Regards,

Tuan

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141567 by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
Two files attached: file extn ".txt" added in order to upload them safely. Remove that to get .CSV originals.
File 1: just the row headers (Xero needs these exactly as given here)

File Attachment:

File Name: SalesInvoi....csv.txt
File Size:0 KB

File 2: dummy data (not columns can be blank as long as comma separated)

File Attachment:

File Name: SalesInvoi....csv.txt
File Size:1 KB

Thanks and regards,
Andrew

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141570 by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
It looks also as if some kind of dialog will be necessary - to specify start and end dates for the output, and possibly to filter it down to a single event or set of events. Xero can handle duplicate entries if the data is identical but it would be good to have at least the option to make the file shorter and more concise - rather than a complete system dump every time. This, ideally, would be available as front-end functionality not just through the backend - the accountants are system users not experienced as Joomla system administrators. Please can you include that in your cost estimates. Thank you very much.
Regards,
Andrew

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc