Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder

• Carsten Bock
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131463 by Carsten Bock
Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder was created by Carsten Bock
Hi Folks,
i'm new to Eventbooking component. but this is now my 5th event booking component in the hope to get the requests of a new client site to work. unfortunately after translating and configuring this component i ran into the next issue with it. i use yootheme pro template that has a pretty nice builder extension and all my detail pages with lots of information on them are build by this builder component. The builder is a plugin that is part of my Tiny MCE or my JCE editor so after defining a joomla page it is possible to add the builder inside the content and build the page. everything is saved as a normal joomla article page and renders out with the builder. So the problem is that i can not add these pages to my created events as the insert builder buttons do not appear in the long-text or short-text fields of events.
Is there no option like in dth-register component to just define an existing page as a detail page within this event booking component?
Or is there any module that might be placed under my existing detail pages to lead into a registration process?
Any other solution to get things together like i described?
Thanks to all of you that will help me out to meet my deadline :-)
Have a sunny day!
Regards
Carsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131480 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder
Hello Carsten

I don't have enough experience with the Page Builder extension, so I could not comment much.

However, look like you want to add events booking details page to the page you build using Page Builder system? If so, maybe you can use this module eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...tures/eb-view-module to display event and then load that module into the page you are building using page builder?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carsten Bock

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #139501 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder
@Carsten Bock

I Use Yootheme Pro too ..did you find a workaround for this?

I can insert EB modules in the builder for a workaround
Let me know if you want tips

I also recommend that you write Tuan and vote for Events Bokking integration for Yootheme Pro Dynamic Content.. YT Pro is ready for 3rd party content sources and we are already some customers that has requested this feature.
The only downside of Events Booking (and Memberships Pro) is the inflexible content templates and this is the only missing link to otherwise superior extensions. But a YT Pro dynamic content integration would be opening a world of possibilities and flexibility.

So write Tuan or find the YT Pro request post I forum and express your vote for this feature.

• Carsten Bock
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #139506 by Carsten Bock
Replied by Carsten Bock on topic Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder
Hi Street SPort Service,
great to hear that i'm not alone with this combination of tools! Yes i found a workaround but from UX perspective not the best one. I worked with a builder detail page and added the view module at the end using the builders add module object.
So you are right it would be such a great extension if it would support dynamic content! Could you provide a link to our request - i will be supporting it right at this moment :-).

From my perspective the UX of the booking form is also not good as this leads often into wired user behavior and i got lots of feedback that people do not understand this form. So this is the second thing i would polish at the component but i agree - if you worked through all the settings ist is pretty great working!
By the way i have also os appointments on a site with the YT builder and there i have the same problem with the integration.

But never the less Tuan is a wonderfull supporter to get things on the track!
Tanks for reaching out!
Carsten

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #139515 by StreetSportService
Hi Carsten

Great to hear that you found a workaround.

And great to hear that you also see the YT Pro dynamic content feature as a great opportunity.

YT Pro is in my book the best template out there and they are really good at the long term development and user-friendly design. It would be great if Joomdonation extension all supported YT Pro dynamic content. I would also be interested in OS appointments if there was YT Pro compatibility and support for dynamic content.

The YT Pro dynamic content feature request is found here:

joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-fe...-content.html#139504

And yes: Tuan and his team are really wonderful. Great support and great extensions.

More
3 years 4 months ago #139805 by Roy Chappell
Replied by Roy Chappell on topic Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder
Hi @StreetSportService

We should ask Tuan to create a Yootheme Pro category in the forum, there seems to be a few people asking.

I recently completed a large complex website with Event Booking & Membership Pro. Both are great components but the layouts stink, even the modules. I got around this by building all the content layouts in YTpro, its not until they click a buy button that they are taken into the JD layouts. I enter the minimum data into the EB or MP admins, and put the rest in Joomla.

Roy

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #139818 by StreetSportService
Hi Roy

I agree on the good layouts as being the missing part of otherwise great extensions. And I am also frustrated about this, but do not have the skills to program a workaround, so I really hope someone develops a YT Pro dynamic content hookup solution for Events booking and Membership Pro... and I would pay for this.

I am developing a large complex website with Event Booking & Membership Pro, too.

Could you tell me a bit about have you managed to make this workaround? Is this working with YT Pro dynamic content sp you are able to map the EB & MP content to YT Pro?

If Tuan would go into an integration with YT Pro for EB and MP I would pay for this as an add-on plugin. Joomdonation and Yootheme would be such a powerful combo and strong partnership between to great and high-end joomla developers.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by StreetSportService.

More
3 years 4 months ago #139819 by Roy Chappell
Replied by Roy Chappell on topic Detail Page with Yootheme Pro Builder
Hi

Sure I can share, find me on Twitter @TheIronChicken - I will delete this link in 24 hours.

I did write a long reply to you but my forum session timed out and I lost what I had written.

Roy

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #139824 by StreetSportService
Hi Roy

i am @vopla_dk on twitter .. i cant write you apparently ..so if you try writing me we can take it from there :)

- Morten

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc