** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system

• Rich Starkie
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #103416 by Rich Starkie
Replied by Rich Starkie on topic ** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system
re payment status - as making them CANCCELLED is not possible, is it possible for a new category for failed payments? that way they don't get confused in with ongoing payments if the client logs into the back end?

I appreciate 10 minutes is a LONG time and not particularly advisable, but client is very particular, in most cases I agree 5 minutes is long enough.

can you confirm the following :
a) pending booking is made as soon as item put in basket
b) numbers are re - checked on entering checkout page to avoid payments being taken for places that are no longer availble (some people will spend a while adding multiple events to the cart)

this usage is for an after school club provider so there will be many items on some checkouts (I've seen one with as many as 20 events)

client has asked yesterday also, if there is a way to link other events to one, e.g., and event on a Monday, can be linked to a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with a "quick add to cart" option, if a parent selects any of the linked events it should show the others that are also linked (will only ever be the current week)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #103417 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic ** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system
Hi Rich

as making them CANCCELLED is not possible, is it possible for a new category for failed payments? that way they don't get confused in with ongoing payments if the client logs into the back end?

=> Sorry but it is not possible for now.

a) pending booking is made as soon as item put in basket

=> No, it is not. It is only after the record is stored in database, mean after users press the Process Registration button on checkout form (right before user is being redirected to payment gateway for processing payment). That's why I said 10 minutes is too long

numbers are re - checked on entering checkout page to avoid payments being taken for places that are no longer availble (some people will spend a while adding multiple events to the cart)

=> It is actually not checked when users go to the checkout form. It is checked after users complete data in the form and press Process Registration button (before being redirected to payment gateway). That is the most accurate check. If we check it right on the form, there might be the case when users are on the form, there is still space available but when he click on process button, that space has taken by someone who entering data faster...

Tuan

• Chabo Communications and Design
More
5 years 11 months ago #113135 by Chabo Communications and Design
Replied by Chabo Communications and Design on topic ** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system
Hi, is this version is compatible with the latest version?

If yes, is it possible to have it?

I was doing lots of test last night and I realize it can be very problematic. I gave up with the ticket because it's worst but I really try to avoid overbooking at least with the original solution.

Regards,
Mathieu

More
5 years 11 months ago #113141 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic ** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system
Hi Mathieu

I am sorry, we didn't have this change integrated in the latest version, so the problem still exists. If you have high traffic booking website (where there are multiple people book events at the same time, over booking could still happen and we have no good solution yet). I guess this also happens with other booking extensions out there, too

Regards,

Tuan

• Chabo Communications and Design
More
5 years 11 months ago #113143 by Chabo Communications and Design
Replied by Chabo Communications and Design on topic ** URGENT ** : over bookings not caught by system
No problem,

Nothing is perfect in this world. But I still think the solution you found was good. After submitting you have 8 minutes to complete the payment otherwise you loose your chance. This is how other work. I've test several one like Eventbrite.

But I will stick with your platform because I still think you have the best potential.

Continue your good work,
Mathieu

More
5 years 11 months ago #113144 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Mathieu. I still work hard to get the product improved from time to time. We will have solution for this difficult problem at some points

Tuan

More
5 years 9 months ago #114888 by Donal
I have had a number of overbookings as well in my current season of events. I use Stripe payment gateway, and it seems to occur when 2 people press the "Process" button on the checkout page within a couple of seconds of each other. If you do implement your proposal above, I'd prefer a time of 30s, as Stripe is near instantaneous (unlike Paypal, which may take a while).

What version so you think you will be incorporating this into, Tuan?

Regards,
Donal

More
5 years 9 months ago #114893 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

If it's two seconds after each other, I guess there is less chance for us to prevent this from happening.

In the next release, I want to focus working to make some improvement to layout + css code (I haven't touched on this part for sometime). After that, I can focus working on this over booking control option

So for this over booking control, I guess we will have it in 6 to 8 (or even 10) weeks

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 3 months ago #140996 by Rusty
Hi Tuan, is there a fix for this please? We are having exactly the same issue here

joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...rbooking.html#140995

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc