Multilingual site, how to set-up a second language

• kristen
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14080 by kristen
Hi

I manage a website that is bilingual (French and English). I just finished creating the online registration for several events on the English side of the site.

I now need to offer the same events and registration process in French for the French side of the site....but I am stumped!!

How do I go about doing this? I know language packages exist for the content, but my question is more how do I set-up a second online registration section on the same site? Is this even possible?

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Kristen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Multilingual site, how to set-up a second language
Hi Kristen

If you are using Joomla 1.5, you can use Joomfish to translate events/categories..... However, if you are using Joomla 1.7 or Joomla 2.5, it is not possible because Joomfish right now doesn't work for Joomla 1.7 .

If you are using Joomla 1.7, I have a customized version of Event Booking (1.4.3) which support Multilingual feature of Joomla 1.7. However, that feature won't be added to core download package. If you want, I can send it to you but please remember that you won't be able to update to future release of the extension .

Please let me know your decision and I will send it to you if needed .

Regards,

Tuan

• kristen
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14090 by kristen
Hi Tuan

I am using Joomla 1.7, would love to try your multilingual version of event booking. What will happen to the existing online registration info that I have already set-up? Will I need to start from scratch or can I update to the new version of EB without loosing it. If I have to start from scratch I will hold off working on it any more till I get the special version from you.

Thanks for your help!
Kristen

More
12 years 1 month ago #14417 by Dot
Hi, I'm desperate for languages on Event Booking on 2.5 can you help ... please.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14433 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Multilingual site, how to set-up a second language
@dillydally : This feature is not available in latest release of Event Booking. However, I have a customized version (based on version 1.4.3) which has this feature. If you purchased Event Booking already, you can submit a support ticket and I will send this customized version to your email (one client confirmed that it works, however, since it is not an offical release, I won't provide support if you get issues with it) .

Tuan

• Bastiaan Houtkooper
More
12 years 1 month ago #14629 by Bastiaan Houtkooper
Replied by Bastiaan Houtkooper on topic Re: Multilingual site, how to set-up a second language
Hi Tuan, here is the client that found your version extremely useful :-)

I just upgraded to 1.4.4 but it seems there is still no language switch in the messages tab?

Do I need to stay with the unsupported version or will you add the feature to new versions?

Thanks,

Bastiaan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc