Ability to set Capacity to 0 (zero) to facilitate Provisional events

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #140382 by David Unwin
We have a number of events which we run if there is enough demand. So, we want people to register to show interest. If the interest is high, we can then run the event. One way to this would be to use the Capacity feature of Events Booking.
At the moment if you leave the Capacity field as Blank or Set to Zero, capacity is unlimited
It would be a nice feature if you could set Capacity as 0 (zero). Then anyone who registers would be put on the waiting list. Then if we decide to run the event, we set the capacity to either greater than 0 (zero) or remove it. Then all the people on the waiting list would be informed that the event was on and they could register. 
I would think this would be relatively straight forward to implement and would be a great feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #141961 by Joris
Set capacity to one, add one fake registrant an it works like you want :-)
I use this many times ;-)

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #141968 by David Unwin
Hi Joris,
Tuan suggested that option also, but we have about 60-80 of these events a year, so it is a bit of an effort doing it this way, if we could set capacity ZERO.
We could create Parent Events and all the child events would take the same option.
Kind regards
David

More
3 years 1 month ago #141985 by Joris
Well hosting an event with zero users is a bit weird.
I can imagine that there is a status that only allows people to join waitinglist.
It is not fully published but you can already subscribe but only waitinglist. Pre-Launch feature :-D

But either way i agree an option like this would be handy, though i do only do it once a month :-)

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #142563 by Donal
I requested this a couple of years ago, and would still be very interested in having a Registered Interest List...
joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...t-custom-fields.html

Tuan, it seems there is still demand for this. Setting up events, with capacity 1, and then registered once seems like a bit of a hack. Can you price adding this feature to see if a few of us were prepared to chip in to get it done. I use the waiting list, so would prefer a new status, like "Interested", (which operates very similarily to the WL.

More
2 years 11 months ago #143965 by Chris Elliott
In my case, when there is a 'provisional event', we don't allocate a specific date so if folk book, they know it might not happen. We therefore set the event start/end as 2099-12-31 00:00:00 and this shows as TBA on the time value. Works a charm for us but YMMV.

C

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc