[14-April-2021] Events Booking 3.15.0 Released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 1 week ago #142839 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.15.0 with the following nice improvements:

1. Added Events Booking - Event Dependencies plugin
This plugin allow you to setup dependency for an event. When you set up dependency, users will have to register for all dependency events before they are allowed to register for main event

2. Support Cancelling Events
You can now cancel an event if needed. When you cancel an event, the event will be cancelled and won't accept registration anymore. Also, email will be sent to all registrants of the event to tell them that the event is cancelled.

3. Improve Waiting List
We made some improvement to waiting lists as requested by customer:
- Added Show Number Waiting List to show number of waiting list users for the event.
- Added Show List Of Waiting List config option. If set to Yes, users can click on the link to view list of waiting list users.
- Added Events Booking - Waiting List plugin to allow showing waiting lists directly on event details page if needed.

4. Improve Reminders Feature
Before, you can only configure the system to send reminder X Days before/after event date. Now, Hours is supported, mean you can configure the system to send reminder emails X Hours before/after event date.

5. Improve Frontend Registrants Management
- Allow switching registrant to a different if needed (you can only do that in the backend before)
- Allow refunding registrant (you can only do that in the backend before)

6. Some Other Small Improvements
- Improve Frontend Events Management: Added parameter to menu item to allow controlling order of events displayed on the page (it is ordered by Event Date In DESC order before)
- Added Option to allow filtering events by category on events list page (by set Show Category Filter config option to Yes)

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products. We will continue working hard to make Events Booking better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan 
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, EllyZ, Frank K.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142848 by Frank K.
Replied by Frank K. on topic [14-April-2021] Events Booking 3.15.0 Released
Hi!
Thanks a lot! I am not completely sure yet, but I think that the Waiting List-List (the new feature in the frontend) shows the waiting persons in the opposite order. The last person shows up on top of the list with number 1.

I guess this will confuse people.

Frank

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142850 by Joerg
Thanks for the Update Tuan.

Your effort for the ongoing development of this great tool is much appreciated.

Best regards, Joerg

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142859 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [14-April-2021] Events Booking 3.15.0 Released
Thanks Frank. That makes sense. I updated code of the extension to order waiting list by ID in ASC order so that the first join person will be displayed at the top

Thanks Joerg. I will continue working hard to improve the product and make it better

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142861 by Frank K.
Hi!
Have you released 3.15.0 again or will there be a 3.15.1 incl. the sorting issue?

Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142862 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [14-April-2021] Events Booking 3.15.0 Released
Hello Frank

I updated download package with this small change. So you can access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package and upgrade it to your site to have this change. I won't release new version for this small change

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142864 by Frank K.
Hi again,
I tried to test the new Cancel Event feature. It has been canceled but no email has been send to registrants.Tested with free event. 1 registrant in event, 1 on waiting list. Status was paid.

Frank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142865 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Frank

Maybe it is because the email subject and email message is not configured yet? Could you please go to Events Booking -> Emails & Messages, look at Registration Email Messages tab, check and make sure there are messages entered for the two items below:

- Event Cancel Email Subject
- Event Cancel Email Body

Tuan

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142867 by Frank K.
Hi!
Yes, both were pre-populated:

Subject:
We will cancel event [EVENT_TITLE]

Body:
Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]We want to inform you that we will cancel the event [EVENT_TITLE] [EVENT_DATE]We are sorry for the inconvenienceRegards,Website administrator teamFrank

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142870 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Frank. My bad. There was a small typo when I made change to the package before releasing and it causes the error

I just updated download package on server with this fix. Could you please download latest package, update to your site and check it again?

Sorry for the inconvenience

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laszlo Csubak