Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #142508 by Mary-Liz Grise
Replied by Mary-Liz Grise on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
Me too! I would like users to be able to see the number of people on the waiting list so they would know if it is worthwhile joining the waiting list. If there is a capacity of 60 and 40 are waiting, that is useful information for the person trying to register.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #142519 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
OK. I will see if I can support it in next release. It could affect performance (make the page slower because it has to query database to get the data), so maybe I will see if I can make it as override so that you can use it if you want

Tuan

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #142522 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
Or, it could be a button that says "Show # of reservations", with a help text to explain they could see how many other reservations are outstanding, with the caveat that they might still get a place even if it seems to be a lot of reservations ahead of them.

The button would mean no database query unless requested, and also means the query won't be repeated multiple times if the user does something to refresh the page, etc.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
Hello

Just want to update that we now added some config options to allow showing Number of Waiting List and link to allow users to click on to view waiting list of an event

We have have a new plugin called Waiting List to show waiting list on event details page (same as waiting list plugin)

It will be part of next release which I'm working on at the moment

Tuan