• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 1 month ago #141725 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.14.1 with the following improvements:

1. Compatible with Joomla 4 Beta 7
This is the main work of this release. As you might know, Joomal 4 Beta 7 was released recently and the main change is that it now uses Twitter Bootstrap 5 instead of Twitter Bootstrap 4 as before. I put a lots of work into Events Booking to make sure both frontend and backend works well with latest Joomla 4 releases (basically, compatible with Twitter Bootrap 5). So if you are building your site with Joomla 4 (I can see some clients already do it) or plan to use Joomla 4 when it is releases, Events Booking will be compatible.

2. Support Waiting List Capacity
Allows you to set Waiting List Capacity for each event if needed to limit number of registrants can join waiting list when the event is full (currently, the extension allows un-limited waiting lists). If you would like to use this option, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Submit Event Form Fields Backend tab, set Show Waiting List Capacity config option to Yes.

3. Correct EU Tax Rules Integration
Remove England from list of EU countries, so registrants from England will not be charged tax by EU Tax Rules (this only affect if you use EU Tax Rules integration in Events Booking)

4. Propose Solution For Overbooking
If you have a high traffic website and limit number registrants for your events, sometime overbooking will happen. The reason is because when validating capacity of an event to accept registration, Events Booking only count confirmed payment registration. So if there is one slot left for exampe and one registrant is registering for it and on payment gateway website (for example PayPal) to process payment, the system will still allow other user to takes that slot (because payment is not confirmed yet, so the previous persion is not counted as registrant)

To address this overbooking control, in this release, I added a new config option called Count Awaiting Payment Registration Time (Minutes) . You can set it to 2 minutes for example and the system will also count the registrants in the latest 2 minutes to validating capacity (although he is processing payment - not complete yet). That would help solve this overbooking issue. It is not a perfect solution, but maybe sometime it could be useful

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141732 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 released
Tuan,
Thank you for the Solution For Overbooking.... As you say it might not be perfect but it will help my organisation.  Also the Support Waiting List Capacity is a great addition as well.
Just one minor point the Country in the EU Tax Rules should be United Kingdom not England

Thanks again for great support.

David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #141733 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 released
OK, thanks for the feedback David !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #141776 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 released
Update: Due to a bug with my quick modification to the code which I worked on last night (I should not work too late, sorry), there was a bug causing fatal error when you add/edit registrant. So I released version 3.14.2 with this fix.

Please update your site to this latest version to prevent the error

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, John

More
3 years 1 month ago #141806 by Joris
Replied by Joris on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 released
Your awesome Tuan!
I truly hope i need that overbooking feature soon :-D

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #141810 by redelevencreative
Replied by redelevencreative on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
Brilliant - do you have a demo showing BS5 front end please? Thanks, Gav

****Ah sorry I was after a BS5 front end look for ServicesBooking - is that available please?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by redelevencreative.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #141823 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
@redelevencreative We only have BS5 support for Events Booking and Membership Pro at the moment. Honestly, I don't know if there are any Joomla template which support BS5 at the moment. The only template which I see is the frontend template of Joomla 4 (which is still in beta releases at the moment).

Tuan

More
3 years 1 month ago #142236 by Ed
Hi all. For me I'd like to be able to show how many individuals are on the waitlst and Ideally show who they are with a seperate {ViewList} or {ViewWaitList} option.

Keep up the good work!

Regards
Ed

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #142237 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking 3.14.1 - 3.14.2 released
 Ed, You can see who is on the waiting when you view registrations. See screen shot
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by David Unwin.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #142238 by Ed
Thanks for the reply David. I know it's in the backend. Sorry for not being clear enough. I was hoping this could to be shown in the frontend so everyone can see it.

Regards
Ed
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ed.