Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.8.0. This version contains the following improvements :
1. Use Media Manager for uploading images for events instead of standard upload like in older version. For more information about this feature, please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...uploading-image.html
- On registration form, registrants can select number of each ticket types they want to purchase, make payment to complete registration. Of course, the price will be changed depend on the ticket types they purchase and the quantity they select
This feature is implemented via "Events Booking - Ticket Types" plugin, so if you want to use this feature, you will need to publish the plugin.
6. Small change to Multilingual feature. Now, EB will only display Events, Categories on the selected language if you have already translated the categories/events to that language. If you don't translate it to a language, these items (categories/events) won't be displayed
5. Fixed email broken issue on some special server
6. Some minors improvements such as use [QRCODE] tag in Mass Mail, minor layout tweaks
If you want to use these improvements, please login, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site.
Thanks for using our products and continue supporting our development
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Josh Gilson, Brian F, James Riley, Sarmed
Tuan, You Rock! Time and again, what an amazing customer service! I have never come across any business online with this level of commitment, dedication, reliability, and fast response times. Thank you for this awesome feature.
Time to play now
To upgrade - Do I have to do complete re-installation of whole package or just selected files?
Either you can use the regular Joomla extension installer to install (if the extension already exists, it will upgrade), or go into the EB main control panel and click the Update button (you'll see the update notification once Tuan pushes the button on his end to make it show up there -- I think that some times he waits a few days in case any 0-day bugs are reported before flipping that switch however...)
James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Thank you James. I was able to upgrade (though lost some formatting and customization of Translations - but was able to fix).
On Registration Form, under [Payment Information], How can I get the amount to update automatically based on type and amount of tickets buyer selects. This feature seems to be working on demo page but I can't find any setting that will enable this feature. I want the buyer to be able to see the total price before they click [Process Registration].
If you create template override (to customize the layouts of the extension) based on old version, the layout might not work well on latest version
So after the update, you should check it all again. If it doesn't work, check html folder of your site template to see whether there is a folder called com_eventbooking. If there is a folder like that, rename it (or remove it) should solve the issue