• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #84050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Evens Booking 2.8.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.8.0. This version contains the following improvements :
1. Use Media Manager for uploading images for events instead of standard upload like in older version. For more information about this feature, please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...uploading-image.html

2. Added a new config option called "Display Event Large Image" to allow showing large image of the event in event details page. See joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/busine...investor-orientation for a sample

3. Implement Multiple Ticket Types feature:
- For each event, you can define multiple ticket types, Each ticket type can have it own price, quantity limit per booking as showed in the image below:

- The ticket types information (if setup) will be showed on event details page like this (see joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/featur...ultiple-ticket-types ):

- On registration form, registrants can select number of each ticket types they want to purchase, make payment to complete registration. Of course, the price will be changed depend on the ticket types they purchase and the quantity they select

This feature is implemented via "Events Booking - Ticket Types" plugin, so if you want to use this feature, you will need to publish the plugin.

6. Small change to Multilingual feature. Now, EB will only display Events, Categories on the selected language if you have already translated the categories/events to that language. If you don't translate it to a language, these items (categories/events) won't be displayed

5. Fixed email broken issue on some special server

6. Some minors improvements such as use [QRCODE] tag in Mass Mail, minor layout tweaks

If you want to use these improvements, please login, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site.

Thanks for using our products and continue supporting our development

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Josh Gilson, Brian F, James Riley, Sarmed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84056 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Really looking forward to the new Multiple Ticket Types feature! This will be a very much used feature on my site!!
Thanks, Tuan & team!

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84058 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Agreed. I was doing it via the custom fields until now...

More
7 years 9 months ago #84075 by Sarmed
Replied by Sarmed on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
:woohoo: Tuan, You Rock! Time and again, what an amazing customer service! I have never come across any business online with this level of commitment, dedication, reliability, and fast response times. Thank you for this awesome feature.

Time to play now :silly:

To upgrade - Do I have to do complete re-installation of whole package or just selected files?

Best regards,
Sarmed

Best regards,
Sarmed

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #84076 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting-started/installation which covers update as well as install.

Either you can use the regular Joomla extension installer to install (if the extension already exists, it will upgrade), or go into the EB main control panel and click the Update button (you'll see the update notification once Tuan pushes the button on his end to make it show up there -- I think that some times he waits a few days in case any 0-day bugs are reported before flipping that switch however...)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by James Riley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarmed

More
7 years 9 months ago #84078 by Sarmed
Replied by Sarmed on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Thank you James. I was able to upgrade (though lost some formatting and customization of Translations - but was able to fix).

On Registration Form, under [Payment Information], How can I get the amount to update automatically based on type and amount of tickets buyer selects. This feature seems to be working on demo page but I can't find any setting that will enable this feature. I want the buyer to be able to see the total price before they click [Process Registration].

joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/featur...ividual-registration

Best regards,
Sarmed

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #84087 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Hi Sarmed

It should work like that. As state on your other support ticket, there must be some javascript conflict causing the issue

Please send us the link to registration form on your site (via support ticket) so that I can ask my developer to check and solve it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #84712 by Zelena
Replied by Zelena on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Hi Tuan

Great to see the ongoing developments in this amazing component.

I am wondering - does the "multiple ticket types" feature now include a separate ticket for each group member?

Please let me know. I've been very much looking forward to this feature.

Thanks for all your hard work.

More
7 years 8 months ago #84811 by Mike DiSabatino
Replied by Mike DiSabatino on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Need to upgrade an older site running 1.7x.

Is there any requirements to incrementally upgrade, or can I push direct to current version?

Mike

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #84813 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Evens Booking 2.8.0 released
Hi Mike

If you create template override (to customize the layouts of the extension) based on old version, the layout might not work well on latest version

So after the update, you should check it all again. If it doesn't work, check html folder of your site template to see whether there is a folder called com_eventbooking. If there is a folder like that, rename it (or remove it) should solve the issue

Tuan