Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #78696 by Carl von Schummer
Replied by Carl von Schummer on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
Dear Tuan,
I have downloaded the latest 2.4.1 release but how do I install the update? Will it delete any registrants or make changes to the existing event data on our website?

Thank you,

Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #78702 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
Install / upgrade instruction can be found here: eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting-started/installation
As for your questions regarding losing data, all registrant / event data is stored in your Joomla database. No data is lost on upgrade.
HOWEVER, if you have custom code modifications, you will have to reapply the changes as all Event Booking *FILES* are overwritten on upgrade. CSS code with the /media/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css file is NOT overwritten, along with Translations, Messages and Emails, and other settings available through the Dashboard.
If you have modified code applied as template overrides, you might have to manually delete the override files (override files contain old code from old versions of EB, and some new features won't work if the old override is still in place), or if you still want the override code to function, reapply the modified code to new overrides based off the newest version of EB.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by James Riley.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78861 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
I am sorry. There were two bugs found in 2.4.1 :

1. Invoice number not generated properly for PayPal payment method

2. Export registrants error (on PHP7)

It is fixed. So if you are using version 2.4.1, you should re-download the extension and upgrade it to your site to avoid the error

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78969 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
Sorry, one more bug causes by change in Joomla core in version 3.5.0. Permission setting for Registrants Management and View Registrants List could not be saved in 3.5.0 and 3.5.1. I made a fix but Joomla team decided only include that fix in Joomla 3.5.2 (Joomla 3.5.1 will be releasing soon to address some more urgent bugs). For more details, please see github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9648

Because the fix is delayed, I changed Events Booking code to work with this bug. So if you have this issue, just re-download Events Booking and upgrade it to your site

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79176 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
Hey Tuan,

Does this version have the invoice generator per front-end generated event?

Thanks

Tim