• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #77927 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.4.0. In this version :

1. We added a new plugin Events Booking - Fee Fields Generator which allows setting up multiple pricing options for an event easier. To find out how it works and how to use the plugin, please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...enerator-plugin.html

2. We added new plugin which called Content - Events Booking Content Restriction to allow restricting access to part of content/text in a Joomla article or in the description of the event. Sometime, you might want to allow registrants of an event to access to certain resources (for example, download some documents), and this plugin can be helpful. You can add download link to description of the event, and use the plugin to hide that links/text to none-registrants. Just publish the plugin , and use the syntax

{ebrestriction ids="ID_OF_THE_EVENTS"}The text you want to restrict access here{/ebrestriction}

on any places you want

3. Implement Structured Data Markup (semantic make up) according to the specification at schema.org/Event . With this implement, search engine like Google will understand the event data and display it in search result better, also the page will have higher ranking. To understand it, see developers.google.com/structured-data/

4. Implement custom fields dependency support for registrant management (and registration history page). In older version, custom fields dependency will only works on registration form

5. Allow deleting registrants from frontend registrants management

6. Added a new config option called Send Notification Emails to allow you controls which email will be sent after someone register for the event, with the following options:

- Enable: Send to both admin and Registrants
- Disable: No email will be sent
- Only send emails to admin
- Only send emails to registrant

7. Improve QR Code checkin login, now for a group registration, the same qr code can be used to checkin for multiple times (limited by number of registrants of the group). By doing that, group members won't be required to come to attend the event at the sametime to checkin

8. Improved performance of events list and calendar page (in older version, the query return all fields, in this new version, we only get necessary fields)

9. Re-located coupon input on registration page, it is now moved to top of payment information section.

10. Fixed some small bugs :

- Invoice is sent to group members on group reigstration
- Invoice is sent go waiting list records

If you want to use this new version, please login, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there to upgrade to your site

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamiRae, Brian F, Matt Hankosky, TIMEmSYSTEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77989 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 released
Hi Tuan

Is there a way to prevent certain types of users to delete registrants in the front end? I don't want my regular users to delete registrants.

Thanks

Roger

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78030 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 released
Hi Roger

Only users can access to Registrants Management page (frontend) can delete registrants. They are :

1. Users belong to groups have Registrants Management permission in Events Booking

2. Users who submit the event can delete registrants of his own events

I think that's logic. Do you have any problem with it ?

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #78037 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 released
Hi Tuan
I have to give my user the permission for the front end registrants management since they correct the entered data. Some registrants for example write everything in small letters. We have to correct this because the data goes directly onto the certificates. Therefore they have the rights. I would rather not give my teachers the right to delete registrants, but if this is not possible I will have to cope with that.

Thanks

Roger

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78038 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 released
For your need, you can simply edit the code of the file components/com_eventbooking/view/registrants/tmpl/default.php, remove the delete icon/link and it should be OK

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #78497 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.1 released
Hi all

Today, I am happy to announce the release of Events Booking 2.4.1. This version address a low security issue (xss issue) and some small improvements :

1. Fix an XSS issue

2. Fix event time not being displayed in timeline layout

3. Change the way invoice is generated for offline payment method. With offline payment, there will be two invoices created:

- One invoice at the time registrants register for the event (with Pending status)
- One invoice at the time admin approve the registration of the event (Paid status)

4. Add a config option to disable frontend delete registrants feature (@Roger : You will love it :D)

5. Improve breadcrump handle

6. Add a hits counter so that you will know how many times your events are vistited

You should all update to this latest version

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamiRae, zesharck, Brian F

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #78508 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Events Booking version 2.4.1 released
You're the best ;)

One question, where can I find the hit counter
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Roger.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #78578 by zesharck
Replied by zesharck on topic Events Booking version 2.4.1 released
thx a LOT !!!

:)

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78648 by Judy Akers
Replied by Judy Akers on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
Yay for #6 !!!
6. Added a new config option called Send Notification Emails to allow you controls which email will be sent after someone register for the event, with the following options:

- Enable: Send to both admin and Registrants
- Disable: No email will be sent
- Only send emails to admin
- Only send emails to registrant

One less code hack I have to maintain. Thank you so much Tuan.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78664 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 released
There is some changes in Joomla 3.5.0 causing the select user option when creating new registration in the backend doesn't work. I just updated download package with the fix. So if you update your site to Joomla 3.5.0 (there are still some issues with Joomla 3.5.0, so you should wait until 3.5.1 release before upgrading), please update your site to latest version of Events Booking

And Events Booking works well with PHP 7, too. PHP7 is much faster compare to older version of PHP, so if you upgrade your site to Joomla 3.5 and have all extensions compatible with PHP 7, you should use PHP7 for your site

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamiRae