Events Booking version 2.3.0 released

More
8 years 2 months ago #75287 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Sorry for delay, have now sent you email with the file and the info on what you added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75741 by Buzzy
Any status update? I did think not to trouble you and just check the download page to see the version but I see it shows last update as "Sep 13, 2010"!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76185 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Hi Buzzy

We are having Lunar New Year holiday and only come back to work on Monday next week. During the holiday, I don't have much time to work, so I could not update the extension to improve this feature.

I just updated version 2.3.2 to server. Please download latest version of both Events Booking and Stripe payment plugin, upgrade it to your site, then it should work as expected. Below are the change:

1. Card Holder Name is sent to Stripe

2. Email receipt is sent to Stripe

3. Meta data is passed to Stripe (First Name, Last Name, Event...)

4. Improved the code which support Stripe

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #76668 by Buzzy
Many thanks for doing this, almost there now as all information getting sent to Stripe etc.

Only two things I can find that still need addressing with this plugin are:
(1) On the generated receipt, the processing fee is not listed i.e it shows:
Subtotal : £300.00
Other discounts : £0.00
Total amount : £305.10
Which is a bit confusing to the customer why the Total amount is more than the subtotal.

(2) Minor issue perhaps but the text in the Stripe plugin configuration, "Payment Processing Fee ($)" always shows $ even though my currency is set and working as £

Hope you had a great holiday!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Buzzy.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #79060 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Infact, the currency is not defined in Configuration. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, select the currency you want to use. The currency won't be defined in each payment plugin anymore
Tuan

When I finally upgraded my site from 2.0.x to 2.4.0 last week, the currency defaulted to USD, causing registrants to have problems when booking as we charge our fees in CAD. Thankfully a registrant finally called us today to let us know of the incorrect currency! We will have to go through our last week's registrations, refund all the USD transactions and have the registrants re-send CAD payment :(

Would it be possible to issue a notice on upgrade to "set/check your currency" on upgrade?
Also, the PayPal plugin documentation ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/payment-plugins ) still shows that the currency option is set right in the paypal payment plugin.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by James Riley.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79078 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Sorry James. Actually, there was major changes in payment processing API when you update from version 2.0.x to 2.4.x.

We actually have to code to migrate currency automatically from payment plugin to Configuration, I don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe it has bug.

Could you let me know what payment gateway you are using so that I can re-check the code ?

And you will only have to change currency in Configuration this time only, not in future upgrades

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79085 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Fortunately, it looks like it was a very slow week for registration, and I didn't have anyone that I had to refund! Yay for slow weeks!
Strangely enough, the one person that did register & pay a few days ago via the standard PayPal plugin was charged in CAD, but as of checking today, the site was charging everything in USD.
Config -> Currency was clearly set to USD.
In mySQL -> _eb_payment_plugins -> os_paypal -> params I saw "paypal_currency":"CAD", but this might be an obsolete setting now that currency is set in Config.

Anyway, it looks like what I thought was going to be an absolute disaster was reported by the first person that encountered the problem, and should now be fixed.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.