Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.3.0. In this version, I focus to improve the payment plugins in the extension (and soon for my other extensions) to use better Payment API called Omniny (omnipay.thephpleague.com). Below are the details of the changes:
2. Allows you to to use any currency for your events. Before this release, if you use PayPal payment plugin for example, you are limited to only use the currency supported by PayPal. Now, you can use your own country currency and if that currency is not supported by the payment plugin, the payment amount will be converted to USD before passing to payment gateway.
3. Improve Stripe payment plugin to use StripeJs, your credit card is now encrypted before submitted to server, so it is more secure. If you use Stripe payment plugin, you should update to this latest version of Events Booking and the Stripe payment plugin, too. After update, you need to edit the Stripe payment plugin, enter Public Key of your Stripe account into the plugin parameter to use this improvement
4. Allow you to set an event to be a Featured Events. Featured events will already be displayed at the top of the page where events are being displayed.
5. Allow you to select what social sharing options will be showed/used on event details page. Before, if you enable this feature/option, all the buttons will be showed and you could not disable it unless editing the code.
6. Allow showing category description in upcoming events page if you are showing upcoming events from certain category. Sometime, this feature/option is needed
7. Allow you to add intro-text to the top of the page where your events / calendar are being displayed. It sometime needed if you want to display events from all categories (no category selected in the menu options)
If you are using older version of Events Booking and want to use this new improvements, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there and upgrade it to your site.
Please note that if you update to this latest version and use a payment plugin which doesn't come with Events Booking by default, you should download latest version of the payment plugin and upgrade it, too. Although if you don't update, the old payment plugins will still work well
For Stripe payment plug-in, it seems it is now not sending the card holder name to stripe. Also it is not sending the email address to stripe so no payment receipt gets issued to the customer (you added that to my site and I understood you were going to include it as standard in this version?)
You can use the old plugin, it will still work with new version of Events Booking
I will try to see whether I can add to new version of the plugin (which uses new API like I said) sometime this week