• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #74334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.3.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.3.0. In this version, I focus to improve the payment plugins in the extension (and soon for my other extensions) to use better Payment API called Omniny ( omnipay.thephpleague.com ). Below are the details of the changes:

1. Improve payment plugin structure to use Omnipay payment processing API. The result is better payment plugins code and now, we have many more payment plugins available. See joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/events-...payment-plugins.html

2. Allows you to to use any currency for your events. Before this release, if you use PayPal payment plugin for example, you are limited to only use the currency supported by PayPal. Now, you can use your own country currency and if that currency is not supported by the payment plugin, the payment amount will be converted to USD before passing to payment gateway.

3. Improve Stripe payment plugin to use StripeJs, your credit card is now encrypted before submitted to server, so it is more secure. If you use Stripe payment plugin, you should update to this latest version of Events Booking and the Stripe payment plugin, too. After update, you need to edit the Stripe payment plugin, enter Public Key of your Stripe account into the plugin parameter to use this improvement

4. Allow you to set an event to be a Featured Events. Featured events will already be displayed at the top of the page where events are being displayed.

5. Allow you to select what social sharing options will be showed/used on event details page. Before, if you enable this feature/option, all the buttons will be showed and you could not disable it unless editing the code.

6. Allow showing category description in upcoming events page if you are showing upcoming events from certain category. Sometime, this feature/option is needed

7. Allow you to add intro-text to the top of the page where your events / calendar are being displayed. It sometime needed if you want to display events from all categories (no category selected in the menu options)

8. Fix javascript conflict in group registration when you config Events Booking to collect information of group members

If you are using older version of Events Booking and want to use this new improvements, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there and upgrade it to your site.

Please note that if you update to this latest version and use a payment plugin which doesn't come with Events Booking by default, you should download latest version of the payment plugin and upgrade it, too. Although if you don't update, the old payment plugins will still work well

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delemo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #74347 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Sounds like a great addition of features to an already impressive component! Keep up the great work! :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 3 months ago #74385 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Hi,
puchased the EB Stripe a little while back but the download still shows the old version, is it possible to get the new version for 2.3, will need to do some testing.

Looks like a substantial update!
Thanks,
Russell.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #74395 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Hi Russell

The Stripe payment plugin is already updated to server which works well with EB 2.3.0 (I updated all payment plugins, just forgot to update version number of payment plugin)

Just download it, upgrade to your site . Then test it (remember to enter Public API Key of your Stripe account to use new improvement)

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #74485 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
The following line is missing out of the new stripe plugin, xml file.

<field name="stripe_currency" type="text" size="60" label="Currency" description="Currency" default="usd"></field>

If not added you will only be charged in usd!

Andy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #74488 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andy

It is not correct. Infact, the currency is not defined in Configuration. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, select the currency you want to use

The currency won't be defined in each payment plugin anymore

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #74499 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Sorry tuan, but that isn't correct.....

All my events are showing £, but when a payment went throught to stripe it charge the £ price in $......

After adding the above line back in all is working correctly again.

Also the index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=registrants page and individual entry page isn't working.

Andy

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #74565 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
For Stripe payment plug-in, it seems it is now not sending the card holder name to stripe. Also it is not sending the email address to stripe so no payment receipt gets issued to the customer (you added that to my site and I understood you were going to include it as standard in this version?)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Buzzy.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75029 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.3.0 released
Any thoughts on this? I would love to update my website to the latest version of Event booking but having to hold off due this.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75030 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You can use the old plugin, it will still work with new version of Events Booking

The new version of Events Booking use a new payment processing API, so it will take time for me to add the feature . Could you help by sending me a copy of the the plugin I customized for you on your site to tuanpn@joomdonation.com?

I will try to see whether I can add to new version of the plugin (which uses new API like I said) sometime this week

Tuan