• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #46556 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 1.6.5 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi ALL

Today, we are happy to announce the release of Events Booking version 1.6.5. This version contains some improvements and fix some bugs in IE version 1.6.4:

1. Events Booking now allow you to enter alias for Categories and Events when you create them. These alias are used to generate SEF urls (in old version, it is generated automatically based on title of categories , events and you could not change it).

2. Events Booking now has a config option to allow you to assign custom fields to category instead of assigning it to events at the moment. That's useful if in your system, all events from same category has same set of custom fields. Just go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set the config option "Custom Fields by category" to Yes and you will be able to use this feature.

3. Improve captcha implement: In version 1.6.4, we change Events Booking to use Joomla core captcha. However, the captcha is only limited to recaptcha due to some technical issues which we faced during the development. We improved it and now you can use any captcha plugin supported by Joomla

4. It fixes an duplicate registrations issue (which only happens on IE). The issue is reported on this forum post joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...le-registration.html

5. It fixes display issues of some custom fields type like heading and message.

6. Improve custom fields dependency feature

7. Fixed an issue with csv export in the front-end.

and some other small fixes, improvements....

If you are using old version of Events Booking and want to download latest version, simply login, access to My Downloads menu item and upgrade it to your site.

Thanks for continue using and supporting our development. We will continue working hard to improve, add more features into the extension.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrankM, Alison, Arno Pluijm, Connie Richards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Francisco Disilvestro
More
9 years 8 months ago #47010 by Francisco Disilvestro
Replied by Francisco Disilvestro on topic Events Booking 1.6.5 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi ALL

2. Events Booking now has a config option to allow you to assign custom fields to category instead of assigning it to events at the moment. That's useful if in your system, all events from same category has same set of custom fields. Just go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set the config option "Custom Fields by category" to Yes and you will be able to use this feature.

Tuan

Hi, great improvements!
One question, in the assign custom fields to events you could select multiple events, but with the category option you can select only one. Is it possible to change it so you can select multiple categories for a custom field??

Regards,
Francisco

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #47011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 1.6.5 released
Hi Francisco

Something which I will add support for in the future. But for now, we don't have it available.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Francisco Disilvestro

More
9 years 8 months ago #47075 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Events Booking 1.6.5 released

One question, in the assign custom fields to events you could select multiple events, but with the category option you can select only one. Is it possible to change it so you can select multiple categories for a custom field??

This is an obvious improvement, the way it is currently set up I have had to duplicate some of my custom fields.

Otherwise, this is a fabulous improvement. B)

More
9 years 8 months ago #47148 by Bertel Arnfinnsson
Replied by Bertel Arnfinnsson on topic Events Booking 1.6.5 released
Hi

I would like to install the new version 1.6.5 to my site, I have an older version already installed. Is it ok to just install the new one ? Do I have to remove the old installation first ? Just want to make sure I don´t lose what is already set up in the installed version and that saved events are upgraded to the new version.

best regards, Bertel

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #47149 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bertel

Since version 1.6.5 has so many changes compare to older version (1.6.3 and older), you should make a full back up of your site first before upgrading.

To upgrade, you can simply install new version of the extension over the old version. No need to uninstall old version.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago #47158 by Bertel Arnfinnsson
I just upgraded seems to be ok, but one thing I noticed is that the translation for the fields EB_FIRST_NAME, EB_LAST_NAME, EB_ORGANIZATION etc. no longer work. The translation works for the custom fields but none of the other, e.g. it always says First Name no matter what I translate it to.

More
9 years 8 months ago #47159 by Bertel Arnfinnsson
Sorry nevermind, I found out how to do this, EB_FIRST_NAME now behaves like the custom fields so I can change the name in Edit Custom field.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #47192 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. In version 1.6.5, every fields on registration form are managed in custom fields section. So to change title of any fields, just go to Events Booking -> Custom Fields, edit the field and change it.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 6 months ago #48971 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Events Booking 1.6.5 released
Are you able to add an option where, when a Custom Field is assigned to a Category it is applied to all sub-catgories as well. This would overcome the need to duplicate Custom Fields when they apply to events in different categories.