I need price including tax.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94848 by David
Replied by David on topic I need price including tax.
Hi Kevin,

You hit the nail on the head and unfortunately this will be the demise of Eshop. I brought this topic up possibly 2 years ago and so far nothing has been done about it. I have worked around this by calculating the net price to 3 decimal places each time, but this is just not a long term solution. Eshop out of the box has a lot of great features (more so than some other shop systems) and looks very good, but a correct taxation system is the backbone to any shop system. I think possibly that those behind eshop do not actually understand this, or if they do by now, do not see how they can backwards integrate this into the shop. Anyhow - there has been no official reply back from them regarding this, which again is a let down.

In any case, this will sadly be my last year with eshop. I am moving onto WooCommerce / WordPress due to this issue and a few others, as we need a more professional shop with more options / capabilities / integration potential now. eshop will serve some people very well (as it did us), if they are prepared to have some hacks in place.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Morrison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94858 by Kevin Morrison
Replied by Kevin Morrison on topic I need price including tax.
This is horrible news indeed, I spent a lot of time getting the setup done and design tweaks for the clients store. To find this out after the fact is unacceptable! I knew better than to go with a cheap system but I really thought that was all the client needed. So back to the drawing board I guess. I for one am lucky and the store is launched but still very young and I need to find a viable solution now.

Aside from the issue with software that cannot properly be configured and calculate a core function of an ecommerce solution, it does ZERO for my reputation and while the software is clearly dumb, it is making me look dumb and for that I will NEVER use anything from OS Solutions ever again. Unlike you I will not be waiting another year to move but I do thank you for the heads up.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #94859 by GreVo
Replied by GreVo on topic I need price including tax.
Sadly over 2 year after this thread the problem what makes this software unusable for many customers still exists.
The developer is very ignorant in my opinion.

The problem could at least be easily removed by adding a little javascript that calculates the price in the backend.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by GreVo.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94860 by GreVo
Replied by GreVo on topic I need price including tax.
Maybe the developer still doesn't understand the problem, so i try to be clearly again:

The prices in my shop are displayed including 8% Vat.
The prices when i add a product in the backend i also want to enter including 8% Vat.

So if i want to sell a product for 9.- (incl. 8% Vat) i want to enter the number "13" in the backend, not "12.03703703703704".

This is something that every shop-software can. Only Eshop doesn't.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #95180 by Manolis
Replied by Manolis on topic I need price including tax.
So if GROSS = NET + TAX the problem is that you cannot enter directly GROSS in the backend and leave EShop make the break down calculation of NET and TAX in the cart/invoice according to a specific TAX% ?

In the backend you can only enter NET and TAX% for a specific product?

I am in pre-sales situation for EShop and trying to understand what is this missing feature discussed here, which seems so important for some of you.

thx
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Manolis.

More
6 years 5 months ago #104162 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
That's correct - EShop can't do this. I use EShop for customers that don't find this an issue, and VM for customers that need it. I would say this, that in every other respect EShop is the best solution out there for a Joomla cart. It's my belief the developers don't really understand what the issue is here, as their country does not have this issue. Here in New Zealand, we are legally required to show a Goods and Services Tax portion of sales (this is true of many countries) but our shop clients want to enter a regular price for items and have the shopping cart work out the G.S.T amount and display it.

More
6 years 5 months ago #104164 by Kevin Morrison
Replied by Kevin Morrison on topic I need price including tax.
Sorry to argue the point Nyglhuw but the best solution does not have bottle necks like this and they have a development team that is ready willing and capable of building what is needed into the extension, even if it costs extra. I have found that in cases where the so called developer offers something but are not willing to make modifications that they hired someone else to do it and they are just the sales man. Seems to be the case here and that nullifies it being the best solution!

More
1 year 9 months ago #152523 by Maria Brousou
Replied by Maria Brousou on topic I need price including tax.
After almost 5 years, someone should mention whether this issue has been addressed and how, because it's kind of crucial to the operation of an Eshop implementation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaughan Tizard

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong