I need price including tax.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #77240 by eclipse.dede
Replied by eclipse.dede on topic I need price including tax.
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I need to introduce the prices WITH taxes, not without, but also show them WITHOUT on the invoice (and taxes apart). How can this be solved?

It's VERY URGENT, please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #77269 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic I need price including tax.
Hello Eclipse,

On the front-end side, it is showing sale price with tax and price without tax. I am a bit confused about the way that you want it to be shown. Please submit a ticket to explain so I can help.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #77463 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
I might have another shot at explaining this issue, as it seems to affect quite a few countries. When entering items in the back end, we would like that item price to be tax inclusive, in other words, the full price of the product to the consumer. However, when the shopping cart and checkout is created using the cart totals, we need the shop to automatically calculate the proportion or percentage of tax in the transaction, and display the 3 relevant figures (before tax amount, tax amount, and total amount.). The tax figure would need rules like swedish rounding, and rounding to 2 decimal places at least. This would enable EShop fans (and I'm one of them) to simply use the shop within a country that currently uses this system. I'm pretty sure that if theres a reasonable development cost, we'd all pay a portion.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #77475 by David
Replied by David on topic I need price including tax.
UPDATED

Hi Nygllhuw,

At the moment with eshop, they are using 12 decimal places for product prices / checkout prices. I have noticed that this can cause issues. I have noticed that when using coupons, sometimes it looks like your cart has 0,00 EUR (after deducting coupon) but in fact it has 0,000342334323 EUR. So although for the customer it looks like their cart has a "0" value, actually it does not. What then happens (in some cases when using coupons) is that Step 5 (payment step) is not automatically bypassed.

This is an example of where 12 decimal places is an issue. Good news is there is an easy work around, where you can limit the decimal places in the checkout.php file (components/com_eshop/models/checkout.php) to 2 decimal places. This definitly fixes that issue and maybe this would be a good fix for the eshop guys to add to their core changes in future?

Taxation issue
The more important issue I see is that the taxation system on eshop has a problem with how it has been setup. It is essential that users of eshop can either directly enter a "price with VAT" or a "price without VAT". At the moment eshop only allows us to enter a "price without VAT" (the net price).

As I have explained in a previous thread, this setup seems to cause a few issues. What would fix everything is if you could enter a retail price (price including VAT) directly for each product, rather than a net price (without VAT). That means that all prices in eshop would be whole numbers (like 20 EUR, rather than 20,01 EUR). Problem sorted and we will never have to get our calculators out again to work out what our net price is - for every single product in our shops!

I also would be happy to contribute some EUROS to the kitty for the Eshop team to sort this, if it would help to push it further up the list of things to do. Eshop team - Eshop is really great, but we just need to make it better for everyone!
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nygllhuw

More
7 years 10 months ago #80626 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
Hi David and all concerned, we have decided to ask the developers to price up making this tax change as a customisation and see how much it will cost. I'm hoping that there are a few of you who would contribute should this cost be huge, but we're pretty keen to do it regardless as we're really held up by this issue. +1 this post if this modification is needed for your countrys' tax set. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, techer

More
7 years 10 months ago #80645 by David
Hi Nygllhuw

Well that is great news that someone wants to look at this, but a pity that this initiative has not come from the people behind eshop. Have you spoken with them (eshop) about this, and whether they would accept this development into the software version they offer? I believe it is important that eshop accept this customisation, and then use the new version of the software to build upon. It saves people with this customisation having any issues with future eshop updates.

Yes I would be happy to contribute to this customisation, but it firstly depends on what that cost would be and what that customisation would be. It also is a little reliant on eshop backing this. So before a final yes is given, more information would be needed. My shops are working quite well at the moment, but I have a number of hacked files in place and little tweaks. Maybe you are not aware of how I do things, but let me very briefly explain 2 points I've implemented on the shop prices side of things which keeps things running smoothly.

- Net prices should have 3 decimal places in the backend (16,806 is what I must enter for example for 20EUR on the front end, with 19%VAT), but this net figure must not be rounded. I use a VAT calculator which gives me 3 decimal places.
- Checkout totals must be limited to 2 decimal places (rounded). Eshop generically rounds to 12 decimal places which causes various issues due to their setup.

The only customisation I think that would be needed (to solve our issues) is to enable us to enter a price with VAT into the backend, like any other shop software. So if my product costs 20EUR (including VAT), I simply enter "20" as my product price. The best example I give is to look at Hikashop. You can log in and test their backend without registering which I suggest you do if you haven't! You will see you can enter a price with VAT or the price without VAT.. so whether you sell B2B or B2C, you have both options. I have forgotten how to properly setup a tax rule on Hikashop, but the screenshot attached shows you the input fields at least. I use to work with hikashop, but got annoyed about their frontend display which was not very beautiful, and certainly not responsive straight out of the box. These things really matter nowadays, and that is where I find eshop is way ahead (comments based on from what I saw back in 2015 - maybe Hika have imporved since then).

Apologies - rather a long reply, but this issue is not so easy to explain in a couple sentences! Happy to chat on Skype as well if you prefer.

BR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, techer

More
7 years 10 months ago #80652 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic I need price including tax.
Hi,

I am willing to pay a bit for this feature. Although it is not a feature, but more a "must-have".
And like David explained, like in the Hika shop will be (at least for me) thebest solution.

Regards, Peter

More
7 years 10 months ago #80873 by David
Hi Nygllhuw

Any more thoughts on this or have you got any more info?

BR

More
7 years 10 months ago #81310 by techer
Replied by techer on topic I need price including tax.
I agree, it's a needed feature.

EShop because is the best Joomla e-commerce.

More
7 years 9 months ago #82184 by Luca
Replied by Luca on topic I need price including tax.
We also have the same issue here. Are there any news on this topic. Can we expect this feature (must-have) in some next release?

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong