Migrating users into customers

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #167592 by spitjack
Migrating users into customers was created by spitjack
Fortunately the previous store used core Joomla users for its recordkeeping. After I migrate users into the Eshop customer database, can I manually reconnect them to previous orders? I think that is the only major task before throwing the switch.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a worker called a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #167681 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Migrating users into customers
Dear spitjack,

Thank you for submitting the question here. Regarding your question: I am sorry but connecting the users / EShop customers to previous orders from another old extension is impossible. EShop can not do that.

Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #167686 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Migrating users into customers
No problem, Giang. I think we can probably manage this via phpMyAdmin.  Thanks for all you help.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a worker called a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 days ago #167790 by Giang Dinh Truong
No problem at all Spitjack.

Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 1 day ago #167795 by spitjack
I now have a particular question. In preparing a csv file for phpmyadmin, I placed a test order two see how Eshop would record a multiple purchase. By what magic are the two items bought by fake user Fred Eric connected to the single order? The order_id and order_number fields on the second item are blank so are all products connected by the user login credentials? If so, I will want to add a little note advising visitors they should create an account, though I have guest checkout enabled. (These, then, I imagine would have to refer to their confirmation email?) EDIT: added a second image to show two $1 purcases were treated as a $2 order; my goal is to understand the logic of your method so I can advise customers accordingly.

[edit: I think I have identified three four databases that need to be squared away - there appears to be triangulation quadrilateralization to establish the relationships.]

[ All info in the screenshot is fake or redacted ]

__
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 1 day ago by spitjack. Reason: there are three kinds of people in this world. those that can count, and those that can't.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 14 hours ago #167822 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello spitjack,

I am sorry but I don't understand what do you want to ask exactly.

Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 7 hours ago #167827 by spitjack
Not to worry - I am migrating previous orders into Eshop, and was trying to figure out how you've wired things together. There is no import facility (csv upload) so we have to do this via phpmyadmin. Anyway, I think we have it figured out now.

__

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #167940 by Giang Dinh Truong
That's fine spitjack!

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong