Install another language package for EShop!

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #79987 by Andraž
Replied by Andraž on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hi.
I installed German language without problems and on frontend everything works perfectly. But I have problem with messages. They disappeared. I excepted translated messages or at least an option to add them. What can I do? Please help!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Andraž.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #80036 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hi again Andaz,

I just answered you here: joomdonation.com/forum/eshop/52347-eshop...ferent-language.html

Sincerely, Giang

More
6 years 8 months ago #101550 by catalin smaranda
Replied by catalin smaranda on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello,
I bought Eshop without noticing it doesn't support Romanian. Is there any way it will be supported soon or can I translate a specific file to reach my goal?
Thanks

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #101667 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello Catalin,

You can translate it by yourself to reach your goal.

Sincerely, Giang

More
4 years 11 months ago #124449 by Oksana Marochkina
Replied by Oksana Marochkina on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello. I am using eshop 3.2.5.
I can not understand, how does the language pack work. I have installed Russian pack. I can see it in the "Configuration - Translation". But how can I apply it? If I translate something in the en-EN version, it works. But what the point of having a language pack, if i have to do everything manually?
I have tryed to change language in Joomla (I have English by default) but in that case I can not see items (products and categories) that I have already created via "english" joomla. Also even if I choose "russian" joomla, the translation pack still doesn't work, neither in the back-end, nor in the front-end.
The documentation and this theme have old data. Please explain, what should I do.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #124630 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Oksana,

1. Please go to EShop -> System -> Tools, then click on Synchronize Data tool to synchronize data between languages. Then you will see the categories and products when change the default language to Russian.

2. After you installed Russian language package, if you go to EShop -> System -> Translation you will see the Russian language translation for both of back-end and front-end sides. You can edit or add any language items that you want.

Sincerely, Giang

More
4 years 11 months ago #124758 by Oksana Marochkina
Replied by Oksana Marochkina on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Thank you very much, it worked!

It would be very good for the product, if you update the documentation here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/ It is really not enough and as I can see not up-to-date. Or maybe make another one tutorial about recreating the demo version. It would save so much time. It looked very good in demo, but now I have a lot of issues in understending how it works, and I would prefer to read the docs instead posting in forum.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #124844 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Oksana,

That's no problem. I will update the documentation frequently. If you need any other helps, please communicate with me via ticket system, we will help you there.

Sincerely, Giang

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #131073 by Fabian
Replied by Fabian on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing the EShop. I would like to use a german frontend (and if possible a german backend as well). Are these language packages officially supported or might they just stop working with newer versions? It would be nice to know if they will be compatible with new EShop versions.

Sincerely, Fabian
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Fabian.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #131319 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Fabian,

EShop supports German translation language package. If you have already had the old translation language package before, then it still works well with latest version of EShop. So you don't need to worry about it.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong