All questions about EDocman extension

Permissions required for Frontend File Upload

More
1 year 10 months ago #152212 by Miles
Hi
Please could you tell me what permissions are required for uploading files on the front end?
Thank you
Miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #153473 by abqmg
Did you get an answer to your question?

More
1 year 7 months ago #153476 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Permissions required for Frontend File Upload
Hi,
If current logged user is in group (s) that having permission to "create", he will able to upload documents at frontend side. See more about Edocman ACL here: edocmandocs.joomservices.com/getting-started/edocman_acl
Thanks
Dam

More
1 year 7 months ago #153481 by abqmg
I followed those instructions but that did not have the desired results. I needed the user group to be able to delete the documents on their page. I set Delete to Allowed under Options from the Dashboard and it gave that user group permission to delete any document on the site.

I finally figured out the solution after going through all the permission layers. The solution was to set the Edocman Category permissions to Allowed for Create, Edit, Edit State, and Delete -- for the SAME CATEGORY as the Upload Document Menu Item. I hope this helps someone else, because to me, it's just not that obvious.

More
1 year 7 months ago #153483 by Mr. Dam
Yes, Edocman has 3 Access levels management.
1. Edocman ACL, it's general ACL management option for the whole of component.
2. Category ACL, as you mentioned in the reply, it allows you to manage permissions (create, edit, delete, download..etc) with Joomla groups in specific categories
3. Document ACL, it allows you to manage permissions (create, edit, delete, download..etc) with Joomla groups on specific documents

Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: abqmg

More
9 months 1 week ago #159220 by Smityx
I've tried (almost?) any possibile configuration but I never manage to let a user to delete or download his own documents uploaded in frontend without change the permission on the single document in the backend (but I want to inherits the permissions from the folder which basically inherits permissions from the main component).
Moreover, even if I say for the single document to let the user download it, he never can download the file from the frontend.

More
9 months 1 week ago #159231 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I will wait for your ticket, then, i will check the permission issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam