All questions about EDocman extension

PDF Indexer

More
9 years 11 months ago #45323 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic PDF Indexer
I will try Edocman and contact you tomorrow if there is any issue to fix. I hope not.
Thanks for the link to Jifile, but it doesn't handle the registered/public thing, so it can only be a last straw if nothing else works. Hope Edocman does the trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45324 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PDF Indexer
Please note that you will need to download and install the plugin EDocman indexer joomdonation.com/free_downloads/plug_edocmanindexer.zip . After that, publish it.

Now, when you upload a PDF document via EDocman, the PDF document will be indexed and it should be searchable !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45325 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Oh, I just remember: EDocman only indexing PDF documents, not word documents, so maybe we will need to come back to OS PDF Indexer and check it ?

Don't worry about your purchases. We will refund the one you don't use !

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45326 by Anne
If it does the indexing, I have no problem with that. I can tell the customer that he should convert his Word Docs to PDF first, that's not the problem. Now let's cross fingers that all works out fine :-). Thanks for the good support, by the way

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45367 by Anne
Hi,
I finally found out why the error message "This kind of server is not supported" showed up. My website is running on a Sun/Solaris server and that is not supported by your component.
I moved it to a linux syste,, now installed the OS PDF Indexer only and tried to run it again. This time, it appeared to index the files, but when opening the indexed pdfs in the component view, I ran into an error message concerning the pdftotext file in the lib. Had to set CHMOD to 755 for it, which worked, but after re-indexing, the "Doc Content" field now shows this:

/var/www/web134/html/gebaeude-final/components/com_docindexer/lib/binaries/linux/pdftotext: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EDIT:
Figured it out myself. I changed the path in the helper/pdf.php to bin64/pdftotext and it worked. Now it's close to fine, but the last step might be too much of a hurdle:
Right now, the documents labelled as "registered" can only be found via the search when the user is logged in as a registered user, while users that are not logged in find nothing.
My customer wants it this way: All users, logged in or not, should find the pdfs when searching for a keyword they're containing. But as long as they're not registered, they should not be able to open the file.
Is this possible?

Best
Anne
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Anne.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45372 by Anne
Figured the last task out as well, finally. Thanks for your support, now the component seems to work fine, good work!
One last thing: I somehow suspect that you could reduce your amount of work significantly by working on your documentations. They're a little, well, how shall I put it...short.
Best
Anne

More
9 years 11 months ago #45380 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Anne ! So you will keep using OS PDF Indexer, not EDocman, correct ? Please let me know so that I can process refund of your EDocman purchase !

Glad you got it works !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45393 by Anne
Thanks for your kind offer, but no need to offer a refund. I might need the component again in the future, so it's OK
Best
Anne

More
9 years 11 months ago #45427 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's very kind of you, thanks Anne !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam