All questions about EDocman extension

PDF Indexer

• Elliot Block
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45300 by Elliot Block
PDF Indexer was created by Elliot Block
Tuan,

I bought the separate add-on PDF Indexer because I believe it will allow me to Index files that have been batch uploaded / uploaded from the front end. In its configuration, I am using the 'edocman' directory for the 'Documents Path'. When I return to the Documents tab and click New Index, and select the member group I want, it says:

Warning
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /edocman

No files are indexed. The folder edocman contains subfolders with files in them. Can you provide some assistance please?

EB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45305 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic PDF Indexer
I have exactly the same problem. I can enter whatever I want as a Documents Path, the error message is always the same:
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder.
and no documents are indexed. It appears that the extension is not working properly. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

It should be added that I'm not using Edocman or whatever. I just want some PDF and DOC files to be indexed
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Anne.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45312 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PDF Indexer
Hi

You need to enter the absolute path of the folder where your documents are stored, not the relative path. Please submit a support ticket sending me admin and FTP account of your site, tell me where your documents started and i will enter the correct settings for you !

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45314 by Anne
I tried to enter the absolute path, but this is not working either. No need to give you all access data, just tell me please: When the path to the joomla installation is /gobsy.de/gebaeude-final/ then /gobsy.de/gebaeude-final/pdf for the files should be correct, no?

I was able to figure it out myself, finally. For the other person who asked: Open your configuration.php and get the $tmp_path. Remove "/tmp" and replace it with the relative path to your docs, for instance /edocman
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Anne.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45317 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Anne

Thanks for sharing. Yes, that's one of the way to find the absolute path. Glad to hear that you figure it own yourself !

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45318 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Elliot: Thanks for getting OS PDF Indexer. However, please note that when you index the documents in OS PDF Indexer, the indexed result won't be stored back to EDocman database. So maybe you should stick with using the EDocman Indexer plugin comes with EDocman ?

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45319 by Anne
Tuan,
unfortunately I have bad news again. The component indexes only Word documents. If I add PDFs to the folder, I get an alert message "This kind of server is not supported" and Joomla closes the component. Please advise.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45320 by Anne
Just to shorten this a little, as I urgently need this to work - I have a website to be finished within a few days and the customer will kill me if I don't.
I have the following task: My customer runs a website with public and registered area. Also, there are some PDF and Word files that are only for registered users to view. However, the customer wants the "registered" PDF files to be found via the Joomla search as well, however they should only be opened for registered users.
Can you guarantee that Edocman and it's PDF Indexer plugin can handle this task in Joomla 3.2? If so, I will buy it and proceed with it. Please advise, it's very urgent.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45321 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Anne

I guarantee that EDocman and it's build-in indexer plugin can handle the task. However, the issue which you explained in your previous forum post is really strange :

"This kind of server is not supported" and Joomla closes the component

I don't see this kind of message anywhere in my component, so maybe something on your Joomla or your server causing it ? As I said, I don't know where that message come from (it is not from my component for sure).

So in this case, maybe you can go ahead with EDocman. And if it doesn't work, you will need to give us access to your site (admin and FTP account) so that we can check it directly on your site if needed.

If after we check it, it still doesn't work then we will refund your money.

If the above condition is not OK for you, I am afraid of you will need to find a different extension. Maybe you can try this one first extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-...ng/site-search/19038 since it is free ?

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45322 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
BTW, today is Sunday and I don't work much. If you have any issue, maybe we can only check it on tomorrow morning ! It is 6pm here now !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam