All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman indexer

More
11 years 5 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #21043 by K.T
Edocman indexer was created by K.T
I just bought this extension, wich seems too be great. I have one problem thou, i bought it because it says in Joomla extensions that it can "- Indexer plugin allows indexing PDF and Word documents and make it searchable based on content of these documents."

I downloaded the extension here www.mediafire.com/download/m286h58e980hy...g_edocmanindexer.zip
because i have several word documents that i need too be able too search by content...but it doesent seem too work, i only get hits when searching on the title of the document..
Is there any step i have missed here?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #21044 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hi

Did you try to create a PDF document to see whether the document is indexed or not ? Could you please send me administrator account of your site (via support ticket) so that I can check it myself ? Did you publish the plugin ?

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #21083 by K.T
Replied by K.T on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Helo, i have sent you an Ticket!

Regards, "Ollesa"

More
11 years 5 months ago #21299 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Quick Update: I installed the latest version of that plugin to the site and everything is working as expected .

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #21304 by K.T
Dont know what happend to my other topic but it still not working, i bought the plugin because it says that it will index my word document. Now i tried to upload a very simple test. The document is called test1 and has the word "working" in it. But when i have done the bulk import and published it and search i get "No documents found"

I just want that the word document will be searchable by content?!

Regards,
Kristoffer

More
11 years 5 months ago #21311 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's strange. I checked it last time (by uploaded an word document) and found that the document was indexed. Did you try to re-upload it ? I ask this because the documents which you uploaded before were not indexed, so please try to re-upload it.

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #21409 by K.T
Hello. it seems that the bulk import is not working then, i hav earound 1000 word documents and would like too index all but too do that manually is very time consuming...Why is not bulk import working?

Regards, Kristoffer

More
11 years 4 months ago #21681 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Kristoffer

You want the documents will be indexed automatically when you are running bulk import feature ? I am afraid of it will not be possible because when you import 1000 documents and run the index, the system will get time out issue (most of server only allows 30 seconds for a script to run and it is not enough to index these 1000 documents).

I am developing an auto-import plugins which will import documents from a folder automatically (each time it will only import few documents) and that will solve the issue. Please give me few more days to get this plugin finished .

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #24646 by Flurin Hauser
Replied by Flurin Hauser on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hey Tuan

An other question 'bout the indexer:
I've installed the indexer plugin and created some new documents. I can search & find the title of the PDF but not his content. Where do the extention store the result of the indexer? Are there any settings of the indexer, which have to be changed after I've installed and enabled the indexer plugin?

thanks a lot,

--flurin--

More
11 years 2 months ago #24952 by BEC Legal Systems
Replied by BEC Legal Systems on topic Re: Edocman indexer
I'm having the same issue as Flurin. I can see from the handler for PDF files that it should be going to `#_edocman_documents`.`indexed_content`, but that is always NULL for all files. I'd guess pdf2text is failing somehow... I'm going to try invoking the call directly and see what I get. If you have any insight in the meantime, it would be appreciated.

Moderators: Mr. Dam