All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman indexer

More
11 years 2 months ago #24958 by BEC Legal Systems
Replied by BEC Legal Systems on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Okay, so if I execute pdf2text with the same params as exists in the code, it generates the text file. Can you clarify something for me? I see where in indexer.php it grabs the text file and pulls it to the database:
Code:
if ($ext == 'pdf' || $ext == 'doc') { require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/adapter.php' ; $content = IndexerAdapter::getText($config->documents_path.'/'.$row->filename); $row->indexed_content = $content ; $row->store(); }

I don't see any method or call to dispose of the text file. So am I correct in believing that I should see a text file everywhere there is a PDF file? Because I don't see any. I'm doing some permissions checks now, but I don't see any problems when other pieces of Joomla create files.

Let me know, or if I can provide further troubleshooting information. This site is currently in a staging environment, so I don't have a ready way to expose it for your inspection. We could set up a remote connection if needed. We can discuss that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25001 by BEC Legal Systems
As an update, I found that adapter.php and view.html.php were missing for some reason. I imported them, but still, no dice. So am I correct in believing that I should see a text file everywhere there is a PDF file?

More
11 years 2 months ago #25004 by BEC Legal Systems
I added the following after line 26 in indexer.php after $config is called:
Code:
$debugfile = fopen("c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\logs\\debug_trace.txt", 'w'); foreach ($_FILES['jform'] as $jformmembers) { foreach ($jformembers as $jformmember) fwrite($debugfile, $jformmember . "\r\n"); } fclose($debugfile);

However, I get no members. It seems all five arrays are empty. The result of this is that the following never evaluates to true:
Code:
if ($_FILES['jform']['tmp_name']['filename']) {

Thus, no indexing ever occurs. Thoughts?

More
11 years 2 months ago #25006 by BEC Legal Systems
Sorry for flooding this topic, but I've figured it out. This array is empty if you select the "choose files from server" method (as opposed to "upload a new file"). Indexing works fine once I switched the method. I put a ticket in requesting a patch for this. If I get time, perhaps I'll take a gander at how selecting a file works and see if I can call that enumeration as an elseif in the document model.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25026 by Flurin Hauser
Replied by Flurin Hauser on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hey Ron

But so far I've got the same results like you - all file arrays are empty.
I have selected the "upload new file" option, but indexing doesn't work :( have you made some other configuration-changes?
- How did you find out, that adapter.php and view.html.php were missing? sorry I'm a coder and don't have any experience with joomla :)
- Could you maybe post the content of your debugfile?

Thanks & Regards

More
11 years 2 months ago #25027 by Flurin Hauser
Hey Ron

so far I've got the same results like you - all file arrays are empty.
I have selected the "upload new file" option, but indexing doesn't work :( have you made some other configuration-changes?
- How did you find out, that adapter.php and view.html.php were missing? sorry I'm a coder and don't have any experience with joomla :)
- Could you maybe post the content of your debugfile?

Thanks & Regards

More
11 years 2 months ago #25095 by Flurin Hauser
Hey Guys

for everybody who have got problems with the indexer plugin for edocman:
Because I've to finish a big site till the end of this week, I was looking for an other way to indexing the pdf docs - now I'm using the edocman plugin only to show the documents. Becuase there was many problems with the indexer plugin, I've installeted the
jfile plugin (opensource).

Now everything is working great! :)

Hope that this helps you.

Regards,

flurin

More
11 years 1 month ago #26877 by agussol
Replied by agussol on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hello Flurin

Works great, except that has far as I remember you'll get no ACL on files...

So instead, use this plugin for edocman(and use the great new search engine of J! finder )

joomdonation.com/74-edocman/14696-search...advanced-search.html

Install Jifile ( which will be 100 times better than any other solution for indexing)

Then find out in our patch here :
joomdonation.com/74-edocman/15454-import...ne/Page-2.html#16697

The part relative to jifile, and paste it to your last version of Edocman. ( or maybe Tuan could add an option into Edocman like "jifile unstalled used ? yes / no to bypass our code.

That's it !
While you create a new doc into Edocman, while saving, the document is automaticaly indexed by jifile !
Carrefull : it will NOT be visible into jifile, we just use the powerfull framework, and pdf2text...

Then, while you are indexing using FINDER, all content will be available to be searched...

Cheers !

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #28742 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: Edocman indexer

Administrator wrote: Hi Kristoffer

You want the documents will be indexed automatically when you are running bulk import feature ? I am afraid of it will not be possible because when you import 1000 documents and run the index, the system will get time out issue (most of server only allows 30 seconds for a script to run and it is not enough to index these 1000 documents).

I am developing an auto-import plugins which will import documents from a folder automatically (each time it will only import few documents) and that will solve the issue. Please give me few more days to get this plugin finished .

Tuan

Hi Tuan

Is the auto-import plugin available please?

Mike
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Mike.

More
11 years 6 days ago #28980 by BEC Legal Systems
Tuan, were you able to finish the auto-importer? I could really use it. Thanks!

Moderators: Mr. Dam