• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #163096 by Sevi
Create an upload site was created by Sevi
Hi Tuan (or anyone),

Recently I've updated my class site to J5. I had a plugin called Attachments that allowed my students in different classes to upload their writing each week. They would Add An Article, pick a Category (Week 01, Week 02, Week 03) etc. and save it. Attachments is no longer being developed so I need a different method.
Edocman (which I've used as an admin only to add various files to a repository) seems like it would work.
Here's what it would have to do:
  • 1) Allow a front end upload of PDF files.
  • 2) Allow the student to enter the upload into the proper week (category).
  • 3) Display those uploads in a nice list separated by category.
  • Since I have more than one class each class would need to different and none of the classes could see the other class's material. I am currently using Joomla ACL for this. Each student is assigned a group according to their level and when they log in, only their group's class submissions are seen/accessed.
  • 4) Allow those uploads (in each class separately) to be downloaded by the students so they can read the material for class.

The old method used a module on the front page to display the submissions (screenshot). When the student attached their work, it went to that list and provided a link to the article which then the students (and me) could see the uploaded material and read it. Since this is a writing class, students upload/read material each week.
This all used the built-in Joomla article component, ACL, and Attachments. Pretty simple stuff.
Do you think I'd be able to recreated a similar function using Edocman?
I hope I'm being clear on this.I know this is simple but it's hard to describe properly.
I so appreciate Joomdonation and Tuan!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sevi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #163098 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Create an upload site
Hi Sevi,
I think Edocman can meet your requirement, it has options to allow users to upload documents into specific categories. And it can show documents of specific categories at frontend based on user's access permision.
Thanks
Dam

• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #163100 by Sevi
Replied by Sevi on topic Create an upload site
Thank you!

Mark

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam