Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Recurring payments

• Lumiga
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #162906 by Lumiga
Recurring payments was created by Lumiga
Hello,

I have a question about the recurring payments. What happens if someone reverses a payment? How does Membership Pro know that this person should no longer have access to certain content and needs to be removed from the list? Or is the administrator informed of this and do they need to perform actions themselves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #162938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring payments
Hi

Could you please explain more details about reverses a payment? Exactly how it works ? Normally :

1. If someone cancels a recurring payment, no further payment will be processed. And in this case, the subscription won't be renewed anymore. The subscriber will become expired and should not have access to content anymore

2. If you refund a payment manually, in this case, you will need to edit the subscription record, change status to expired to prevent them from access to restricted resources further

Regards,

Tuan

• Lumiga
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 4 days ago #162969 by Lumiga
Replied by Lumiga on topic Recurring payments
What I mean by 'What happens if someone reverses a payment?' is that if an automatic debit has occurred, the user can always request the bank to reverse the payment and refund the money. These are the disadvantages of automatic debits. So, the question is, how does the system handle this? Are we notified if a reversal has been made to the account?

More
4 months 4 days ago #162971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring payments
Hi Lumiga

The system does not handle this, unfortunately. So I guess payment gateway will notify you about this reversal , then you will need to find the subscription record and change it's status manually to expired

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam