Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

OS Services Booking: Use case - can I achieve a solution and how

• Martin-238
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #162835 by Martin-238
In my use case, I am the only "employee" in this case. I actually do offer two kinds of services: 3 services come with costs and 1 service is free.
The free service offers four video session of 10 minutes each, which can be booked within 1 hour at two days of week.
Is it possible to realize this with OS Services Booking – and how?

The charged services consist of three different offers:
First consulting on location (can be booked by new clients)
FollowUp consulting on location (can only be booked, if first consulting on location has been booked already)
FollowUp consulting per video talk (can only be booked, if first consulting on location has been booked already)

The charged services can be booked at fixed hours at several days like 9am 11am 3pm 5pm 7pm. As I am my only employee, clients may not book two or more services to the same hour. 

I have to synchronize OS Services Booking with my well established main office calendar, which is hosted in my Nextcloud. It would be very helpful, if I could do automatic synchronization by cron job oder at least, by an *.ics file, which should be attached to the booking information email, which I will receive after someone's booking.
Is it possible to realize this with OS Services Booking?

If a client wants to book, will it be mandatory for him, to create a user account with email and password? – Or is it also possible, that he can book with his email address only and without to have register? In this case, he will receive a booking email with a confirmation link, which he has to click in order to confirmate his booking?

In case clients have to register and log in before being able to book, will this registration as registered user be separated from Joomla user administration, so that all clients will be registered in a separate part of database which is only for OS Services Booking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #162837 by Mr. Dam
Hi Martin,
Thank you for interested in OS Services Booking, regarding to your questions. I would like to answer as below:
1. OS Services Booking has feature to set limit number booking by weeks. And you can use for your free service.
2. OS Services Booking doesn't have option to allow booking when one specific services have been booked first.
3. OS Services Booking has feature to prevent employee to be booked at the same time in different services
4. OS Services Booking has feature to send .ics files of booking to customers and employee. You can use this feature to sync with your office calendar.
5. OS Services Booking has option to allow user to register/not register before completing booking. In both cases, user still need to enter valid email addresses. Because these emails will be used to received confirmation emails from booking system
6. When user register before completing booking, they will be registered to become Joomla user. OS Services Booking inherits Joomla Users database, it doesn't have separated Users database.

I hope my answers are clear to you. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin-238

• Martin-238
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #162846 by Martin-238
Thank you for your qualified and quick response! This is a good indicator for me, to decide to buy a license for your extension.

But as mostly in life, I have further questions:
1.) Is there a setup, where I can prevent users to book for a certain time from now, lets say 3 days from actual date. It is not always possible for me, to accept a booking, if the user would book surprisingly (and too) short before the booking date. It would be OK for me, if I could set this time span globally although it would be more sense making, if I could assign this time span to each service individually.

2.) The only language of my website is German. Are there language files in German contained in the OS Services Booking package? And will the language package contain all item descriptions etc. on  the front page / site? In case I have to do some special translation for my use case, would that be in danger to get overwritten by next updates?

3.) In my first set of questions, I have asked:
The free service offers four video session of 10 minutes each, which can be booked within 1 hour at two days of week. Is it possible to realize this with OS Services Booking – and how?
I am not sure, wether I could describe my wish in an understandable way.
Let's take a sample: I offer free video talk each Thursday from 9pm to 10 pm and there will be four bookings available: first is 9pm second is 9:15pm next is 9:30pm and the last is 9:45pm – Perhaps I should better offer these four video short talks as "stand alone" service, just like all of my other offers?

4.) Is there some "general time increment", so that I can set a service only to start times in accordance with such an time increment? – This is also important in conjunction with my question 4.)

5.) Can I set up individually per service, wether the customer will receive an email after booking, telling him, that his booking will be confirmed by an administrator or wether the customer will simply click on the link to confirm booking, contained in the email, which he will get after booking?

I see, I am coming near the point of buying a license
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Martin-238.

More
4 months 1 week ago #162851 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
1. OS Services Booking has configure option to prevent booking x days from "now", user just can make booking after that time
2. OS Services Booking has German language package, it is installed when you install extension. But it is out dated. So you can spend time to correct and update German language package through Translation tool at Backend of component.
3. Yes, it's possible to have the timeslots as you want. 10
4. Yes, OS Services Booking has feature to generate timeslots based on start and end working time
5. Can I set up individually per service, wether the customer will receive an email after booking, telling him, that his booking will be confirmed by an administrator or wether the customer will simply click on the link to confirm booking, contained in the email, which he will get after booking?
-> Nope. Currently, OS Services Booking doesn't have option to have option to allow customer to confirm the booking and activate it. But this is great idea. I will consider to think about it for future improvement.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin-238

• Martin-238
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #162855 by Martin-238
Hello Dam!
I just have bought a license because of your quick and very sounded replies here!

Although I have not installed it yet, I have a question, how I can create a workaround for this feature, which I asked for in my first bunch of questions:

FollowUp consulting on location (can only be booked, if first consulting on location has been booked already)

Your answer has been:

2. OS Services Booking doesn't have option to allow booking when one specific services have been booked first.

Th intention of my question in the previous posting was to find a workaround for this missing feature:

5.) Can I set up individually per service, wether the customer will receive an email after booking, telling him, that his booking will be confirmed by an administrator or wether the customer will simply click on the link to confirm booking, contained in the email, which he will get after booking?

Your answer:

Nope. Currently, OS Services Booking doesn't have option.....

The only idea for a workaround in my mind is, to have a checkbox in the booking form: The user will have to check it, if he already has took part at a first consulting talk. And only, if he activates the checkbox, he can select other services than the "first talk". Would this be possible without additional programming?

Thank you for your patience and your engagement, answering qualified and quick to my questions!
Clemens

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam