Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Events Booking vs. DT Register

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #154850 by Ernie
Events Booking vs. DT Register was created by Ernie
I've been using DT Register for well over a decade. The new owners of the extension (Joomlart), did a lot to improve the extension, but also introduced many bugs along the way - causing a lot of grief and resulting in the loss of one client in the process.

At this point, the extension has not been updated since June of 2021, will not work with any version of PHP over 7.4, and will not work with Joomla 4. I have about two dozen clients using DT Register, some with over a decade of event records stored.

But DT Register's bugs (one site will no longer record the registration data when PayPal is used as the payment method, another site today actually deletes a registration record when the user tries to edit it), have become intolerable, and they have not given any indication that they're updating it.

After perusing Events Booking's GRAV documentation, it appears that your extension is on par with the features and capabilities of DT Register, and it may be worth switching so that I can update the hosting accounts to PHP 8, prepare to upgrade the websites to Joomla 4, and most importantly, be done with all the bugs that are causing my client's so much trouble.

Unlike DT Register, it does not appear that you support a "developer license". Though I can install it on multiple sites, you will only support one site if I need support. That's a big issue - I cannot afford to buy a separate license for two-dozen websites. Do you have a similar license?

Regarding multiple products, some of my clients use DT Donate and I see you have Joom Donation - I assume it's much better than DT Donate, which also has not been updated in over a year and doesn't seem to integrate well with DT Register.

I also use Community Builder's CB Subs (Memberships/Subscribers), which is highly complex and requires substantial work to configure. Is Membership Pro easier - it looks like it might be. I tried Membership Pro in 2018, but I don't remember whether it was a good solution or not since it was a long time ago.

So I'd want to bundle all three of these: Events Booking, Membership Pro, and Joom Donation, in addition to some of the payment plugins to resolve these issues with the extensions above.

Thank you for any advice and alternate registration options and bundles you may have available.

Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #154851 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic Events Booking vs. DT Register
I noticed that the payment gateways are extension-specific - would I have to buy the PayPal payment plugin for each product?

Ernie

More
1 year 5 months ago #154852 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking vs. DT Register
Hello Ernie

1. You actually do not need to purchase license for each site. You just need to purchase license for the site which you need support only. So I think it is cheaper than developer license option. You can purchase a copy of the extension on one site first. Once you get familiar with the extension, I think you won't need support for other sites (unless in some special condition).

2. For PayPal payment plugin, it comes with the extensions by default. So you actually do not need to purchase it separately

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ernie

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #155049 by Ernie
The latest from JoomlArt is that they are not going to be updating DT Register or DT Donate to support PHP 8.x or Joomla 4 anytime soon.

So I just need to confirm with you that all your extensions - Events Booking, Joom Donation, and Membership Por DO support PHP 8.x and Joomla 4.2.5, and will continue to support future updates to them.

Will I need to purchase the payment plugins for any of these extensions separately? I saw in another forum thread that, at least the PayPal plugin, is included in the extension. I have a pretty tight budget, and don't want any surprises once I start installing and configuring the extensions for my client's websites.

Also, is there any way to bundle or "cart" these three extensions in my purchase or is there any bundle pricing?

Thank you,
Ernie

More
1 year 4 months ago #155050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Ernie

All of our extensions are now working with Joomla 3, Joomla 4 , PHP 7.x, PHP 8.x (both PHP 8.0 and PHP 8.1) are supported, don't worry. We will continue updating our extensions to work with future releases of Joomla and PHP (we have been developing Joomla extensions for more than 10 years, and will continue doing so for the years ahead)

For payment plugin, yes, each payment plugin will only work for the extension it is developed for, so you need to purchase it separately for each of the extension. But as mentioned, PayPal and few others come with the extensions by default already, so you might not need to purchase it

Please let us know the payment plugins which you want to use so that we can give you our offer

Regards,

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #155051 by Ernie
As of now, almost all my clients use PayPal Standard (where only the email address is required). I took one customer through the process of enabling PayPal Pro because PayPal Standard "broke" and the developers didn't have a solution for it.

One client requested QuickBooks, which was supported for DT Register, but they never followed up, so I'm not sure if they still want that. Have you considered QuickBooks payment as a future option?

And I tried to purchase multiple products, but your site doesn't seem to have a cart system - must each extension be purchased one at a time? And are there no bundle options?

Thank you,
Ernie

More
1 year 4 months ago #155052 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Ernie

1. PayPal standard payment plugin comes with the extension by default, so you do not use it. For PayPal Pro, if you want to purchase it, we can give you discount. But we can discuss about it later, once you decided to use it. Honestly, I'm unsure if you should still use PayPal Pro these days. PayPal seems recommended a new payment option called PayPal standard checkout.

2. We do not support QuickBooks at the moment. Maybe in the future if there are more customers request for it

3. We do not have cart option enabled at the moment. So Yes, you will need to purchase an extension at a time, sorry

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam