Site Redevelopment Proposal

• Alan Bennett
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #154827 by Alan Bennett
Site Redevelopment Proposal was created by Alan Bennett
I have been using Membership Pro very happily for a number of years on J3.
It is now time to move to J4 and I am considering moving as many extensions as possible to JoomDonation variants and use one of your templates.

I want to simplify the management of the site and remove the need for custom code by just using standard components with pre-configured integrations.

I would be migration from AcyMailing 5 to the latest version which you support. So that is fine.
I would migrate from Docman to Edocman which seems OK as you have a migration tool.
I would migrate from RS EventsPro to Events Booking. Question - is there any advice on migrating existing events?
I would migrate from J2store to Eshop. Question - is there any advice on migrating existing products? If I only sell downloads of pdfs, etc then am I better considering Documents Seller?
I also use:
- Kunena
- RSBlog & RSComments (but may consider moving to standard articles

Which of your templates is best suited for the above combination of components?

Regards
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154831 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Site Redevelopment Proposal
Hello Alan

I would migrate from RS EventsPro to Events Booking.

=> We do not have a migration tool at the moment. So there are few options here :

- You find a way to export your events into CSV/Excel file from existing system. Then use import events feature in Events Booking to import it into our extension
- Or hire us to write a migration script for you. I guess it will cost you about 70$ or so.

I would migrate from J2store to Eshop. Question - is there any advice on migrating existing products? If I only sell downloads of pdfs, etc then am I better considering Documents Seller?

=> Yes, for selling downloads of PDFs, I think Documents Seller would be a better choice. It is simpler to use and will do what you want. We do not have a migration script, so I guess you will need to setup these documents manually in Documents Seller

For template, you can try to use our one of our three great templates :

- joomdonation.com/joomla-templates/eshop-...on-pro-template.html
- joomdonation.com/joomla-templates/multip...joomla-template.html
- joomdonation.com/joomla-templates/multip...joomla-template.html

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam