Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership pro and Events Booking integration

• Miguel
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146171 by Miguel
Hi there!
I imagine this is possible, but I need to confirm it.
I have a site where I already have Membership pro installed. We are going to start doing online events, which is why I am considering Events Booking.

The events would be paid, but for subscribers they would be free.

I wanted to know if it is possible:
Subscribers who have an active subscription, the cost would be free and register to the event.
Subscribers who have their subscription expired, who have the option to renew their subscription or to pay for the event.

After the event, the recording should be available to everyone who registered for the event. I need to grant access to all the registrants.
Subscribers with active susbscription.
People who signed up and paid.

Any suggestions for implementation?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146172 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership pro and Events Booking integration
Hello

Might not be perfect but it could be done using combination of the two extensions:

1. Assign subscribers to the user groups you want when subscribe for your plan using Joomla Groups Plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration , for example, Paid Members user group

2. When setup event, in Discount Settings tab, use Member Discounts settings to give that Paid Members user group 100% discount

3. Not sure where the recording will be posted, but you can give Paid Members user group to download these recording (just use Joomla core ACL)

The only thing is that expired members when try to register for the event, they won't be asked to renew (actually, they can, but need a clever setup and depends on if you want to allow them to pay to attend the event or always force them to sign up for Membership - need longer explanation but it is doable)

Regards,

Tuan

• Miguel
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146209 by Miguel
Hi Tuang! Glad to hear from you!
To help to understand the proyect:
The idea is similar to a course academy site, but with events.
You can subscribe to one or more courses, and have access to them for life.

And some users would have full access to all courses.
Is it possible to do that with Membership Pro? Or from Event Booking?

By the way, can I assign a user to a group from Event Booking?

Thanks!

More
2 years 7 months ago #146210 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership pro and Events Booking integration
I have the feeling that the combination between the two would help. And for Events Booking, yes, there is a plugin which allow assigning users to certain user group when they register for your event. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins...a-groups-integration

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miguel

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam