Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

PDF indexer

More
2 years 1 month ago #149923 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic PDF indexer
Hi Peter,
Joomla4 doesn't have Joomla Search, it just has Joomla Smart Search component. And as Joomla 3, for content to be displayed in search results it must first be indexed by one of the Smart Search plug-ins. Before starting the indexer, you should enable the Finder plugin: Doc Indexer.
After you have reviewed the search plug-ins, it is time to start the Smart Search indexer. This will scan the content on your Website and build an index that will enable fast and intelligent searching by your site visitors. To run the indexer use the following procedure:
1. Log in to the Administrator.
2. Click on the Components → Smart Search menu item.
3. Click on the Index button in the toolbar to start the indexer. This will cause a modal window to load with some indexer status information and a progress bar. Depending on the size of your site, this can take a few minutes to a few hours to complete. The indexer uses AJAX requests to complete the overall process in small chunks so as to avoid timeouts and memory problems. Indexing is complete when the progress bar disappears and you see a message indicating that it is now safe to close the modal window.
Once the indexer has finished, closing the modal window will cause the Indexed Content screen in the background to refresh with an updated list of all the indexed content.
Now that the Smart Search index is prepared and ready, you need to expose Smart Search to your Website's users
Smart Search offers two ways to do this:
- The Module Interface
- The Component Interface

Good luck
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #149951 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic PDF indexer
As I have purchased PDF Indexer there should be a PDF Indexer section of the Forum (rather than Pre-Sales Questions)?
After following your instructions the Indexer is not returning from content as JiFile did? i.e. it will return Titles and Tabs but Smart Search did that, so, just 5 links for a word that should return ~70+?
I have unpublished all reference to JiFile (which provided it's own form for Search), now I'm considering uninstalling all reference to both JiFile and PDF Indexer then clearing both caches (Joomla! & my PC) before re-installing PDF Indexer.
Is there something I could/should try beforehand?

More
2 years 1 month ago #149952 by Mr. Dam
Hi Peter,
You can submit ticket on category: Edocman, and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check the Smart Search function in content in PDF Indexer extension for you.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
2 years 1 month ago #149954 by Peter
Incidentally, there was no Progress Bar during the Indexing? Just " Indexing, do not close this window." in the pop-up model window (which hung i.e. I had to exit it after ~5 hours! to reveal the 46 pages of 20 links each).

More
2 years 1 month ago #149955 by Mr. Dam
It's quite strange, i will wait for your ticket, therefore, i can check the problem for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 1 month ago #149956 by Peter
I don't have Edocman.
"super admin account" ??

More
2 years 1 month ago #149957 by Mr. Dam
Hi Peter,
You can submit ticket in category: Edocman, and provide your site url with super admin account. I will login to Backend of your site for checking the problem. Ticket system is private area, so only you and me know your site credentials.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam