Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Paypal Pro Plugin

• cuckoo
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7006 by cuckoo
Paypal Pro Plugin was created by cuckoo
Hey

I'm just wondering with the the JD Paypal Pro plugin does this keep the user on the site through the entire payment process. (or do they still have to go to paypal to finalise payment?)

Cheers
erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7782 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Paypal Pro Plugin
Hi all, who are looking for the answer of this question :

There are two type of Paypal payment plugins :

- Paypal payment standard : This one comes in the default download package of the extension. With this payment plugin, users will need to be redirected to Paypal to process Payment. At Paypal site, users will have two choices of payment :

+ Pay by the balance of their Paypal account (if they have a Paypal account already) .

+ Pay by their credit card (if they don't have Paypal account) .

- Paypal Pro (credit card payment) : With this payment plugin, users will be able to enter credit card information directly on your site to process payment (they don't have to redirect to Paypal) .

Hope the explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 4 days ago #8711 by jethro
Replied by jethro on topic Re: Paypal Pro Plugin
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could elaborate a bit more on the differences between the default PayPal integration vs. the PayPal Pro plugin? We will probably offer this solution to our client, but need to know a bit more to be able to steer them toward PayPal or PayPal Pro. Maybe a few of the pros/cons of each??

- If you use the PayPal Pro plugin, is there more complexity in the setup of the component or the system? Beyond a security certificate, are there other things that must be done on a site or with JD to make it PCI compliant when processing credit card information on site?

- Is there any difference in how recurring donations would function? Does that just tie into PayPal's recurring donations setup?

I did find out that PayPal offers a non-profit discount rate for Standard but not for Pro. This might be a deciding factor for non-profits accepting donations if the ONLY thing they lose is having the transaction happen directly on the site.

THANKS!

More
12 years 11 months ago #8751 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1. The setup for Paypal Pro is simple. You will need to buy an SSL certificate for your site. Also, you will need to get some merchant information from your Paypal Pro account and enter it into Paypal Pro payment plugin configuration. They are :

+ API Username
+ API Password
+ API Signature .

2. The recurring donation is the same. Joom Donation create a recurring profile at Paypal and Paypal will handle the Payment. When a payment happens, Paypal will notify Joom Donation via "IPN notification" and Joom Donation will do necessary tasks :

+ Update donation record.
+ Email donors and administrators to inform them about this payment .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 6 months ago #11641 by angelamarienet
Replied by angelamarienet on topic Re: Paypal Pro Plugin
To be sure I buy the correct item, will I need to purchase JoomDonation in order to use the PayPal Pro plugin for Events Booking?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11655 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi angelamarienet

You don't need to purchase Joom Donation, just need to purchase Event Booking and EB Paypal Pro payment plugin (see EB Paypal Pro on this page joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...ut=columns&Itemid=61 ) .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam