Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Group Membership Questions

• Matt
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #141244 by Matt
Group Membership Questions was created by Matt
Hi, Tuan,

I am just starting to set up a school site license using Group Membership, and I have a few questions. I'm sure I'll have more as I proceed, as I'm finding it a bit confusijng. To start:
  • In order to set it up, I need a Group Admin. In order to choose that admin, does he need to already be a subscriber? Or can I just add him as a Joomla registered user, and then he can add himself as one of the members of the group plan at the reduced rate?
  • Since the pricing, number of users, and Group Admin is fixed, do I understand correctly that I need to create a different Plan for each school site?
  • The principal of the first site has one teacher who as already subscribed. Is it possible to add her to the group plan, to be managed by the Group Admin in future?
  • For the price setting in the Plan Detail screen -- is that per person, or the total price for all the members of this group?
Thanks,
Matt
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141259 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership Questions
Hello Matt

1. To become group admin, the user needs to subscribe for the group membership plan. So you don't have add a subscription record for him, he just needs to subscribe for the plan to become group admin, you do not have to do anything for him

2. Yes, that's correct. Each size needs to have it own price at the moment

3. You can add the teacher to the plan yourself and he/she will be group admin of the group

4. That's the total price for all members of the group (including group admin)

Tuan

• Matt
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #141273 by Matt
Replied by Matt on topic Group Membership Questions
You said: "You can add the teacher to the plan yourself and he/she will be group admin of the group"

I don't want her to be the admin -- can I just add her as a member of the Group?

Thanks,
Matt

BTW: I don't know how this got into the Pre-Sales Questions forum -- I already have and use and completely rely on Membership Pro.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Matt.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141290 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matt

A group must has a group admin first (the person who is added as subscriber to the plan)

After that, you can access to Membership Pro, then Subscriptions -> Group Members to add group member to one of the existing groups

Tuan

• Matt
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #141317 by Matt
Ok, I've clearly done something wrong. I set up a new Joomla User Group for the Site Admin, as your instructions on the site say to do. Was I also supposed to set up another new Joomla User Group for members of this plan? Right now, when I go to Subscriptions > Group Members, there are none listed, not even the Site Admin who registered the group. 

When I go to Subscriptions > Group Members and try to add a new one, the plan for the group is in the Plan dropdown, but under the Group dropdown, the names of the Site Admin and the one member who I moved into the group show up, rather than the group.

Can you help me fix whatever I've messed up?

Thanks, Matt

More
3 years 2 months ago #141331 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matt

1. You actually do not need to add a new user group for group members

2. What you need to do is go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, add some subscription records for the plan. These subscriptions, will become group admin.

3. After adding these subscriptions (group admin), you can go to Group Members management screen to add group members

Tuan

• Matt
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #141333 by Matt
Yes, I did that, but when I go to Subscriptions > Group Members and try to add a new one, the plan for the group is in the Plan dropdown as it should be, but under the Group dropdown, the names of the Site Admin and the one member who I moved into the group show up, rather than the group.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Matt

For this, better submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site. I will check your setup and guide you directly via support ticket (with screenshot, base on your setup)

That should be easier for both of us

Tuan

• Matt
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #141347 by Matt
Sent.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam