Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Documents Seller

• James Brew
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138612 by James Brew
Documents Seller was created by James Brew
Hello
I have been using Membership Pro for many years integrated with JU Download. I need to move away from JU Download as it now appears to be unsupported and is giving me errors. Documents Seller looks a good replacement but want to check I can replicate current functionality. Please can you confirm that I can continue to use Membership Pro subscriptions for membership with Documents Seller? My business model is once a person is subscribed they are able to download any of 8000 documents. Can that be easily achieved?
Regards
James Brew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #138619 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Documents Seller
Hello James

For that, I would suggest you to use Membership Pro with our EDocman extension instead. The two extensions can be used to handle this requirement easily

Tuan

• James Brew
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #139561 by James Brew
Replied by James Brew on topic Documents Seller
Tuan
I'm not sure EDocman meets my need at present. I wonder whether I might need some customisation or advice to achieve what I want.

I have a set of documents which fit in a hierarchy of subjects and sub-subjects etc. However, I need to FILTER them down by other document characteristics e.g. Key Stage, Difficulty, Type. These characteristics don't fit in a hierarchy. For example, once a user has selected their subject, they need to be able to switch between seeing Type 1 and Type 2 documents by a single click, and the same with level of Difficulty, without being forced to navigate down a hierarchy again.

I am thinking a module for each document characteristic which would filter the documents displayed from the main subject hierarchy. Ideally, these characteristics would be set as custom fields associated with each document.

I would like to use Edocman if possible as it ticks other boxes and integrates with Membership Pro.
What would be the best way of achieving this?

Regards
James

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 months ago #139611 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Documents Seller
Hi James

For this, I would suggest you to submit a support ticket to EDocman category so that we can discuss further about it from there

Maybe you should show us how it works using JU Downloads at the moment so that we can see if we can customize EDocman to offer the features

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam