Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

what to use: JoomDonation or Membership Pro or both?

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134022 by Karen Griffin
Hi-

I have a client who wants to be able to accept annual dues from members as well as regular donations from the general public. I was hoping I could use either JoomDonation or Membership Pro for both, instead of having to use both extensions. My client is a small non-profit, and they need to keep their expenses down and the management of their donations and dues as simple as possible.

I am using Easy Profile as well as I will have a third type of registered user that has nothing to do with dues or donations. Members will be assigned to their own user group and have their own directory.

I have several questions:
  1. If Easy Profile fields are mapped, do your extensions update those fields in Easy Profile for a new or existing user or do they only get user data from mapped fields?

2. Can users be assigned to specific user groups depending on what JoomDonation campaign they donate to like you can based on subscriptions in Membership Pro? Could I have someone become a user and then direct them to a JoomDonation campaign for them to become a member?

3. If someone wants to pay for their membership by check, and they are manually added to the JoomDonation campaign, if they are not a user yet, will a user profile be created for them?

4. Can Membership Pro be configured to accept one-off donations? Or can it only be used for subscriptions/recurring payments?

5. Can a new subscription or a renewal be added manually on the back end in Membership Pro if someone pays for a membership by check?

6. If there are different dues for individuals and families, can I set multiple subscription prices for a single subscription in Membership Pro based on that or would they need to be considered separate subscriptions?

I guess the question is, can either extension be used for both purposes or will I be forced to use both. If I am forced to use both, does Membership Pro have the same single domain support limitation as JoomDonation?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic what to use: JoomDonation or Membership Pro or both?
Hello Karen

Let's start with using Membership Pro for now. It can be used to handle both Membership and Donation. For Donation:

- You will need to create a separate subscription plan for one time donation and another plan for recurring donation (it's not possible to handle it using a single plan)

- To allow users to choose/enter donation amount they want, you will need to create custom fee fields, could be textbox (if you want users to enter amount they want) or a radio custom fee field if you want users to choose from pre-defined amount. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ds/custom-fee-fields for detailed instructions

You can go ahead to purchase a copy of Membership Pro to try to setup. If it's not working as expected, you can request us for refund

Regards,

Tuan

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134048 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic what to use: JoomDonation or Membership Pro or both?
Thank you. I will try out Membership Pro. Can you please clarify support for it? Is it like JoomDonation, where it is per domain? Or can I use Membership Pro on multiple domains and get support for all of them? It was not clear in the documentation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic what to use: JoomDonation or Membership Pro or both?
Hello
This should help answering your questions membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/faqs/c...on-multiple-websites

Tuan

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134053 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic what to use: JoomDonation or Membership Pro or both?
Thanks for your quick responses. I really appreciate it.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134060 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome.

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136359 by Karen Griffin
Hi-

I am finally working on this project and have a question. If I am using custom fee fields, can I make the plan price 0, and then not display that field to users using CSS and rely completely on the custom fee fields?

Thanks.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136386 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I'm unsure what you want to hire? Could you send me the link to the page and tell me what you want to hide so that I can guide you?

Tuan

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136390 by Karen Griffin
Right now it is all on my local machine, so I can't send you a link. When I get farther into it, and am ready to get it up onto a test server, if I haven't figured it out on my own, I will re-up this thread and send you a link.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136412 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Karen. Happy to assist when you are ready

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam