Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Your Paypal system for Membership Pro previously not working in Japan region

• Yuri Ichihara
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133327 by Yuri Ichihara
Hello.
My membership pro expired last November, I also paid for the add-on payment last April, which is still valid today. Your Paypal credit card system for Membership Pro didn't work in Japan, which I was told, and you switched from Paypal to Stripe but your Stipe payment system also did not work - so I never go to to work with the credit card system at all.
In order for you to help me again, I am willing to renew my membership, but before renewing my membership fee, I would like to know if you have updated your Paypal system, does it work in Japan? or if Stripe works, that would be fine, too. I checked Paypal website and it says it requires 3-step security process in my country, are you achieving this 3-step process ?
My goal is to be able to use your credit card system in Japan on your Membership Pro.
Look forward to your reply.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133328 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. I believe PayPal Pro is not supported in your country, so it won't work

2. For Stripe, it should work well. Exactly what's the problem/error you are having while using Stripe?

Let me know so that I can guide you to solve it

Tuan

• Yuri Ichihara
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133329 by Yuri Ichihara
The Stripe payment error says, "it cannot accept the payment".

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133330 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If it says it could not accept payment, maybe there is a problem with your Stripe account.

In this case, I would suggest you to contact Stripe, ask them to check your Stripe account to see why you get that error

Stripe provides good support, so I believe they will answer you shortly

Tuan

• Yuri Ichihara
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133331 by Yuri Ichihara
Hello, Tuan,
Sorry once again, could you briefly tell me why you cannot create Paypal payment system in Japan? Paypal is the internationally accepted payment system and it is widely used in Japan too. If I ask another programmer, is it achievable ??? Which company is available except Strip? Can we use Braintree ?

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133332 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Yuri

To be more clear, it's not us, it's PayPal Pro is not available in your country:

- PayPal standard (os_paypal) is available in your country and you can use it
- PayPal Pro is not supported in your country, so I could not make it works (it's not under our country).

See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/faqs/paypal-vs-paypal-pro to know the difference between the two

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133333 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I don't know if Braintree is supported in JaPan. Maybe you can help contacting them and ask them about it?

However, Braintree payment plugin from us (does not support recurring payment), so think about it before making decision

To me, Stripe is still the best credit card payment plugin. And I know at least one customer from Japan uses it successfully, so you should try to use it

Tuan

• Yuri Ichihara
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133334 by Yuri Ichihara
Thanks for your feedback. I will find it out.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #133342 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Yuri. I would suggest you to contact Stripe support and ask them about the error. They should be able to check and give you right answer (their support is really good)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam