Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

EShop and Events Booking shopping cart question

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #132067 by Livius Chebeleu
EShop and Events Booking shopping cart question was created by Livius Chebeleu
Hi Tuan,

I'm considering to add EShop to my Events Booking installation and I'm interested to know if the shopping carts will be separate or if they can be one cart experience for both applications.

Thanks/Livius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #132072 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EShop and Events Booking shopping cart question
Hi Livius

It's two separate extensions with separate shopping cart. It's not possible to use it as one shopping cart

Tuan

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #132179 by Livius Chebeleu
Replied by Livius Chebeleu on topic EShop and Events Booking shopping cart question
Understood. I'm considering Membership Pro (MP) as well as ES and have some additional questions:
  1. I assume MP comes with a similar constraint, separate shopping cart?
  2. Can MP be integrated with ES to offer member discounts on purchases?
  3. Is there any kind of integration with MP and EB to sell event subscriptions?
  4. Does MP manage user profiles or is there another user profile system that is needed? If so, which system do you recommend?
  5. Can MP manage our users of EB, event registrants, to provide member discounts and auto fill registration functionality? Or does MP have to be coupled with a user profile system?
  6. If I had all three systems in place, MP, ES, EB, how would the shopping carts work? Users could potentially have items in three different carts. What would be the checkout flow for this scenario?
  7. How does MP keep user data safe?
Thanks/Livius

More
4 years 2 months ago #132185 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EShop and Events Booking shopping cart question
Hi

1. Yes, it's separate shopping cart

2. Yes. Basically, you can configure it so that when users subscribe for the plan, they will be assigned to the Eshop Customer Group you want, thus receiving discount for products purchase, see eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...embership-pro-plugin

3. No, there are no integration like that

4. Yes, MP manage profiles itself, no need for using third party extensions

5. Yes

6. Each of the system will have it out checkout process. It's independent with each other

7. Nothing special. Membership Pro (like Joomla and all other extensions) just store user information in database. Data like First Name, Last Name....are not encoded, so if someone hack your site and have super admin access for example, they will get the users data. However, the point is your site should be secure, if someone has access to super admin account of your site or have access to database, then the game is over. I can only say that our extensions code are secure, well coded, so with our extensions, your site should be secure

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livius Chebeleu

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam