Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

OS Property evaluation

• Jaime
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #38695 by Jaime
OS Property evaluation was created by Jaime
Hello,

I am evaluating installing OS Property for my customer's website but I have some questions before purchase this product.

For the question, I will explain what my customer wants so that you can advice me if this feature is already present or do I need to develop some kind of extension for this component, in case this component supports plugin development.

Customer wants that when a person chose a property to rent for some period of time, for example, for some days in summer, a big calendar is presented to him or her (similar to Outlook calendar) so that he can know if the property is available or busy at that period. If it s available, he or she can make the reservation, marking that property as occupied, so that other poeple cannot rent the same property at the same time. Is this possible with OS Property? do I need do develop some kind of extension? is there documents about this?

The last question is if this software accepts online payment by mean of some gateway (customizable).

I wait for your reply,

Best regards,
Jaime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38712 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: OS Property evaluation
Dear Jaime,
We have a product called: OS Calendar. It's the availability calendar for OS Property. With this component, customer can make the renting request on properties of OS Property. Currently, OS Calendar supports Paypal and Offline payment, the new beta version of OS Calendar supports more payment methods (but we haven't released it yet).
Thanks
Ossolution

• Jaime
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #38731 by Jaime
Replied by Jaime on topic Re: OS Property evaluation
Hello..

thanks for answering... that is exactly what I need, but I got some more questions though:

1. OS Property features page, under Supported Locations area, Chilean flag is listed, however, in "Location Data" area, Chile is not listed. The only south american countries are Brazil and Argentina. Does OS Property really supports Chile? if it does not, can I add it easily? Do you bring some support about that?
  2. Currently Paypal and offline methods are supported. To suppport others, is it possible to develop other payment gateway and add to the system as a plugin? My customer has requested me to add a credit or debit card payment used here in Chile which connects directly to the bank, so I need this to be possible.
  3. About currencies. Feature list mentions that it supports multiple currencies. Is Chilean Peso among them? Is it possible to add other currency. Normally, in Chile we use a currency called UF to set properties prices. That currency include inflation so we can set a fixed price for a property that is kept all the time.

Thanks
Jaime

More
10 years 5 months ago #38734 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: OS Property evaluation
Hi Jaime
1. OS Property provides the Chilean location. You no need to worry about it.
2. With beta version of OS Calendar, you can make custom payment gateway and install it into component.
3. You can add Chilean currency by using phpmyadmin if you need. The database table is #__osrs_currencies
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam