Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Linking image URLs to eshop through CSV

• Bryan Crane
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #37092 by Bryan Crane
Linking image URLs to eshop through CSV was created by Bryan Crane
The company that I am working with provides images on their site with image urls in the csv files. Is there a way to have these image urls work with the product_image. I will need to load the csv periodically to keep up with their inventory system and new products and inputting the images one at a time will not work, since reloading csv seems overwrite everything. I want it to overwrite most stuff, but it overwrites images along with everything else. One other thing I was having trouble with is accessing a subcategory in CSV. I see a way to have one category only. I know there's a way to fix these issues. Please Help so I can get this site going. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 6 months ago #37115 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Re: Linking image URLs to eshop through CSV
Dear Bryan,
First of all, thank you so much for purchasing our EShop extensions. Regarding your questions:

1. Currently, EShop CSV Advanced only supports you to put image name for product_image field. And images must be uploaded to media/com_eshop/products/ directory on your server. If you would like to use an url link to image for product_image, then I will make the modification to component to implement it by downloading image via URL that you gave in CSV file to media/com_eshop/products, then assign image name for product.

2. To assign a product to multiple categories, you just need use Category Separator for category_name field:

Example: category_name: category_1;category_2;category_3;etc.

Please send me the your csv file and the back-end login account to your site so I can help you to implement the thing you want. You can also add me on Skype for easier support. My Skype ID is outsourcepro
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan Crane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam