Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Can the program do these things? re: secure access

• librarian
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #3206 by librarian
I'm trying to avoid having my documents available to anyone, sending the file as an attachment, and basically people figuring out ways to either find the page with the document embedded without paying, or sharing the document with others (for example making a torrent file).

With that said, I need to be able to do the following:

Customer purchases online document -> gets a unique id (unique decryption key for document) in a confirmation email, with link -> link opens a page auto-magically generated with their unique id with the document they purchased embedded within it.

-or-

The link within the customer's confirmation email opens a page with the document in it (already created) but their unique id acts as a password to open that page.

According to the author/admin's responses in other threads, the customer's information is stored in the database for future purchases, so it seems to me that if a unique id was created per purchase their unique decryption key could be stored as their order number within the database, and could be called on as the password to open that article in Joomla.

In addition is it possible to log the IP from which someone makes the purchase and limit the viewing of document by both the unique decryption key and IP? It seems to me that this would be a more secure way, because someone could just share their unique decryption key (their order number) with others which kind of defeats the purpose of selling the document..

Are these possible to do with this program?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam