Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Definition of registered user

More
11 years 4 months ago #23310 by Tim
Definition of registered user was created by Tim
I am just looking at various event management extensions: could you please clarify one aspect of the features relating to the definition of a Registered user in your extension?

In order to Register for an Event, does a user have to be a fully Registered (Joomla Registered) user of the website? The description of the features seems to imply that details of a user are retained so presumably if they book for subsequent events they don’t have to fill in all their details – but are these details retained as a Joomla Registered User or does the Event Booking extension maintain its own table of Registered users?

Having looked at some other extension, I am trying to avoid requiring a user to go through the full Joomla registration procedure, complete with confirmation email, if all they want to do is register for one event.

Regards
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23319 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Definition of registered user
Hi Tim

1. Registrants don't need to be a registered users to register for an event. You can config the extension so that public users can register for events (infact, it is default behaviour).

2. You can also config the extension so that registrants can enter username and password on registration form to register for an account (by doing that, they don't need to register for an account via Joomla registration form).

Hope my explanation is clear to you.

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #25474 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: Definition of registered user
Hi,

how does point 2 work?

I set "User registration integration" to "Yes" but when registrants enter their existing username and password in registration form, it generates an error (invalid username) instead of letting them in :(

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam